List of fake universities as released by UGC
University Grants Commission popularly known as the UGC, which is considered to be the highest statutory body in India for higher education has released the list of fake universities in India. According to University Grants Commission Act, 1956, only a university established by the Central/State/Provincial Act or an institution deemed to be university under Section 3 of the Act is allowed to call themselves as university. Therefore, any institution that does not comply with the above rule is prohibited from using the term ‘university’ under Section 23 of the Act.
The list consist of 21 Indian universities, the highest number of fake universities comes from Uttar Pradesh with 8 fake universities and is followed by Delhi 6 fake universities. Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar and West Bengal have one fake university each.
List of fake universities:
1. Maithili University, Darbhanga, Bihar
2. Varanseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Delhi
3. Commercial University Ltd, Delhi
4. United Nations University, Delhi
5. Vocational University, Delhi
6. ADR- Central Juridical University, Delhi
7. Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, Delhi
8. Badagnavi Sarkar World Open Educational Society, Belgaum, Karnataka
9. St. John's University, Kishanattam, Kerala
10. Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
11. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
12. D D B Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichy, Tamil Nadu
13. Indian institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata, West Bengal
14. Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
15. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
16. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
17. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
18. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Uttar Pradesh
19. Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh
20. Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Noida-Phase II, Uttar Pradesh
21. Gurukul Vishwavidyalaya, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.