Since long ago time, printed textbooks have been the only source of knowledge and information used by our educational system. But now some software companies have been successful in digitalizing the print media and introducing the digital educational platforms.
How does the digital educational platform work?
A digital educational platform is developed keeping in mind the needs of a particular educational institution. It is custom made around the courses followed by a particular school which is further personalized by the teaching faculty of the particular class. It is developed to be accessed by any interface and is engaging and interesting for the students through problems, puzzles and games related to the topic being studied. It also decreases the weight carried around by the students in their bags in the form of books as most of the content is made available from the digital platforms itself.
Now that we know what digital educational platforms are, let us know their benefits which will help us understand why they are so important to be ingrained in the day to day school activities:
- Today the use of technology is dominantly found in every faces of our personal as well as professional life. The introduction of such digital platforms in school prepares them and makes them tech-savvy and does not overwhelm them when they enter their professional phase in life.
- It improves the communication between teacher and student and even teacher and parent concerning the student’s tuition assignments as it has tools which can help interaction between the concerned people.
- From a parents point of view it gives them insight about their ward’s progress in class eventually helping the parent support the student at home. It also keeps them informed about the various activities happening in the school.
- It helps the teacher to gain more information on the subject and topic being taught in school through related pictures and videos hence increasing the general knowledge of the students in an engaging manner.
- Digital educational platforms allow geological collaborations between two educational institutions by sharing of expertise and merging the resources hence enhancing their knowledge by two-fold.
- These digital platforms are beneficial for administrators of the school as they are equipped with tools that keep a check on the attendance and behavioral aspect of every child which helps in maintain the law and order and the discipline of the institution.
Digital educational platform is fast becoming an important part of our educational system which is also a major point of contact with the virtual world of education.