Festival Name: CONSORTIUM 2012
Organising College Name: VNIT Nagpur, Nagpur, Maharashtra
Festival Type: business & management
CONSORTIUM 2012 start Dates: 13th January 2012
CONSORTIUM 2012 end Dates: 15th January 2012
CONSORTIUM 2012 Details: A great idea starts in a great mind. However the successful execution of this idea takes a lot of people – and managing so many people in turn takes just one person – a great ENTREPRENEUR. There is one within us too and here’s a festival to let it emerge to the fore. Presenting a brand new CONSORTIUM ’12. Visvesvaraya National Institiute of Technology, Nagpur has always been on the forefront of technological advancements in various fields of science and engineering, thus fulfilling its primary aim. But, being a dynamic unit of a changing era it has also kept pace with time. In its endeavor to excel to further heights, it has the country’s only management and business festival – CONSORTIUM – in a technological institute. So get ready to immerse yourself into this ceaseless world of money and enjoy the pleasures of profits while sharing the satisfaction of a successful strategy. All this and so much more at CONSORTIUM’12 await you…
Major Events at CONSORTIUM 2012:
- Corpwars: In Corp wars we put you in position of a manager who has to take various decisions and see if you have it in you to go right up to the top against the brightest minds in the toughest situations. We are always entranced by the various decisions of big corporations, whether it is a foul acquisition, intelligent merger or a smart move… In Corp wars we put you in position of the very manager who has to take such decsions and see if you have it in you to go right up to the top against the brightest minds. In the toughest situations, only the best will reach the top.
- HR Management: The participants would be divided into teams and the two best performing teams would qualify for the next round. Teams would required to accomplish a given task in a given time constraint. Participants? communication skills, convincing skills and interpersonal skills would be tested. His ability to get the work done will be under test…
- MaxX-Pro: Ever wondered why each cell is a honeycomb? It’s structural optimisation. Here’s a chance to do something with more elaborate steps. The main idea of the event will be to give the participants data of a preset manufacture/service company. The participants will have to analyse this data and thus suggest measures to analyse this data, giving measures to cut down resources or optimize their usage without affecting the quality of the product/service which will lead to a lower production cost and have Maximum Profit.
- Sosyal Manus: The youth of this country is highly enthused while the citizens realize their social and managing responsibility and are willing to contribute. The objective of this event is to build a platform where students from the best of technological, management and other reputed institutes, who are motivated towards social causes and are adept in managerial skills, could come together and vie on a common pedestal.
- Kaizen: Ever wondered why each cell is a honeycomb? It’s structural optimisation. Here’s a chance to do something with more elaborate steps. The main idea of the event will be to give the participants data of a preset manufacture/service company. The participants will have to analyse this data and thus suggest measures to analyse this data, giving measures to cut down resources or optimize their usage without affecting the quality of the product/service which will lead to a lower production cost and have Maximum Profit.
- Radio FM: Actually, its ?spectrum? and not ?Radio? that?s the focus? and if it faintly reminds you of a popular idea (read: A. Raja) you?ve got it right! Everything?s for sale?auction here ? frequency (of broadcast), cities and brand ambassadors and a lot more goes under the hammer. The count starts?Rs10, 001?10, 002? any takers?
- 24: When you are at the head, problems are bound to occur. ’24’ is our round the clock crises management event that lasts well, 24 hours. That time when the all hell breaks loose and comes crashing down not once, or twice, but scores of times to test your skills of handling the most nightmarish of situation. Get ready to sweat it out…the race has begun!
- Sansad: When politics mixes with logic, democracy is proud. Find amicable solutions, pair up with parties and solve the questions that people dare to ask. Your solution must be reasonable, convincing and constitutional. Raise questions, argue and counter-argue, shriek your agenda or campaign with one, win votes in the house and rule the mass. Experience all this and more at Sansad – the mock Parliament.
- Biz Mantra: Together in times of strife, find the suitors and sell the product. Get the maximum returns and get a prize in return. This is the mantra for your business strategy. Concur all the possibilities and generate the funds. Find the new Rocket Singh in you…
- Entrepreneur: For the idolizers of the Tatas and Ambanis and Birlas, this is heaven. You get to establish, finance, market, and run your very own company and make profits. That’s it. Sounds simple? Wait until you come and play…
- AD-Venture:One aspect of marketing is definitely advertisements. They entice you by sheer force of convincing and perseverance by running and again and again and again…that the next thing you do in the departmental store is go buy it! But this time, the tables are turned and it’s your turn to sell the product. Pour vats of your creativity (or someone else’s), add oodles of visual impact, scribble a slogan, launch the product and get ready to bill the customers. It’s time to get the horses to the grass and feed them too!
- Carnama: Mad about cars.?? Here’s your chance to bear the maximum no. of cars in a witty, compelling, fun-filled virtual car business, where based on a certain formulae the players decide the no.of cars they buy in each round and the cost of buying each. For adding the real life flavour to it, various schemes for loan taking by mortgaging their cars are available. With each passing season a new surprise awaits them. Finally, the one who emerges against all odds with the highest no. of cars will bear the victory crown..!!!
- EPL Manager: Does Wenger’s lack of transfer activity bother you or do you think you might be better at managing MADRID’S SUPERSTARS? Annoyed by the debt burdened by the GLAZERS? Or by the refereeing blunders? Well!! Stop criticizing because this is your chance …. Consortium 12’s EPL Manager’s here scouting for the next FERGIE or MOURINHO. So don your thinking cap and chalk out your strategies because you may not be the best manager but if you have what it takes to be in the top, take a whack at it.Its not a matter of life and death… its much more than that…
- Informals: And if all this management is killing you, chill out at the various informal stalls and play fun games to win prizes. So what if you had your accounts skewed and benefit ratios screwed, there’s something for everyone here! Serious fun this.
- On-line Events
[stextbox id=”info” defcaption=”true”]
Contact the organisors:
CONSORTIUM 2010 Teaser Video: