Faadooengineers

Thread: Civil Engineering for Girls? Please help -_-'

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer Anushkasweet's Avatar

Branch: : Civil Engineering

City : Vadodara

Send Friend Request

Information Civil Engineering for Girls? Please help -_-'

Hi there Iím a female but I chose civil engg. branch, Iíve some questions:

1) After 4 years if I complete my studies, can I become a lecturer in government college?
    2) Iíve to finish the college within 4 years? or what if incase I complete the college after 5 years? Iíll have a change to get this job?
    3) Girls can get job as a civil engineer?
    and If I chose to be a civil engg., do I have to go for a survey? or Iíll get another work like estimating something or making plans etc.? I hope ďno surveysĒ or Iíll look like an African girl
    4) What is the requirement for job as civil engg in government? Complete college within 4 years or 5 years? what is the maximum limit?
    5) How much marks required to get a job as a lecturer or as an engineer?
    6) After graduating, do I have to give some other exams? or is there else for a lecturer / engineer?

Iím worried about this because there are few girls in our class and Iíve seen some people getting failed in engineering :S

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Computer Science Engineering

City : Delhi

Send Friend Request

Re: Civil Engineering for Girls? Please help -_-'

Oh Dear... <br><br>1: No, You can't really become a lecturer in any college right after B.Tech. because Masters is essential qualification for teaching Engineering students.<br>2: It'll be better if you finish college in four years, because after that, not just it harms your carrier, it becomes depressing as well. And you can always finish your Engineering in 4 years.. Seriously.<br>3: Girls can always get a job as an civil Engineer because its not about your gender but your skills. You may or may not need to survey around as it'll be completely dependent on jour job functions. but mostly, juniors have to do the survey thing.<br>And if you are so afraid of looking like an African Girl, opt for some other trade sweetie because, that is what you will do unless you are at a senior position. De facto, an engineering stream is more about interest than scope because, there is always a place for the deserving person. I don't really feel like you are interested in Civil much...<br>4: Govt jobs come handy for civil engineers, you'll never really lack them. They don't give a damn to how long you took to complete your degree but its always better to make things in time as the eligibility criteria are changing rapidly. Currently, minimum percentage required for a civil engineer is 60-65%. You may expect raise in the same as it used to be 55-60% 3 years before.<br>5: minimum %age now a days is 70-75% for becoming a lecturer and I already mentioned that for becoming an engineer, you may expect &nbsp;a condition of 65-70%. Now that you'll become an engineer 4 years later, be prepared for the competition.<br>6: Qualifying GATE will get you into a nice Masters college for your PG which is a mandate for becoming a lecturer. After you are done with your masters, You don't really need to take any exam, But qualifying CSIR/NET will provide you with an edge over others.<br><br>Good Luck Dearie....

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer Anushkasweet's Avatar

Branch: : Civil Engineering

City : Vadodara

Send Friend Request

Re: Civil Engineering for Girls? Please help -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Shivani Gulia View Post
    Oh Dear... <br><br>1: No, You can't really become a lecturer in any college right after B.Tech. because Masters is essential qualification for teaching Engineering students.<br>2: It'll be better if you finish college in four years, because after that, not just it harms your carrier, it becomes depressing as well. And you can always finish your Engineering in 4 years.. Seriously.<br>3: Girls can always get a job as an civil Engineer because its not about your gender but your skills. You may or may not need to survey around as it'll be completely dependent on jour job functions. but mostly, juniors have to do the survey thing.<br>And if you are so afraid of looking like an African Girl, opt for some other trade sweetie because, that is what you will do unless you are at a senior position. De facto, an engineering stream is more about interest than scope because, there is always a place for the deserving person. I don't really feel like you are interested in Civil much...<br>4: Govt jobs come handy for civil engineers, you'll never really lack them. They don't give a damn to how long you took to complete your degree but its always better to make things in time as the eligibility criteria are changing rapidly. Currently, minimum percentage required for a civil engineer is 60-65%. You may expect raise in the same as it used to be 55-60% 3 years before.<br>5: minimum %age now a days is 70-75% for becoming a lecturer and I already mentioned that for becoming an engineer, you may expect &nbsp;a condition of 65-70%. Now that you'll become an engineer 4 years later, be prepared for the competition.<br>6: Qualifying GATE will get you into a nice Masters college for your PG which is a mandate for becoming a lecturer. After you are done with your masters, You don't really need to take any exam, But qualifying CSIR/NET will provide you with an edge over others.<br><br>Good Luck Dearie....

Oh! Thank you for the reply I hope I'll get a job soon and then I can shop anything I want from lipsticks to expensive dresses.
    Once again thanks for the kind answer