Gender: : Male
Branch: : Computer Science Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
Mphasis Placement Paper 2011:
1. In the command scanf, h is used for
Ans. Short int
2. A process is defined as
Ans. Program in execution
3. A thread is
Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
4. What is the advantage of Win NT over Win 95
Ans. Robust and secure
5. How is memory management done in Win95
Ans. Through paging and segmentation
6. Which of the following sorting algorithem has average sorting behavior –Bubble sort,merge sort,heap sort,exchange sort
Ans. Heap sort
7. In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values–Inorder ,post order,preorder
8. What are device drivers used for
Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
9. What is fork command in unix
Ans. System call used to create process
10. What is make command in unix
Ans. Used forcreation of more than one file
11. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
12. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
13. If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
14. A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade,how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
15. There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
16. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
17. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
18. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
19. If widowers and divorced males retained their group they had upon marrying which of the following would be permissible ( Assume that no previous marriage occurred)
(A) A woman marrying her dead sister’s husband
(B) A woman marrying her divorced daughter’s ex-husband
(c) A widower marrying his brother’s daughter
(D) A woman marrying her mother’s brother who is a widower.
20. If A ,B and D appear for the interview and D is called for additional interview the following week,which 2 candidates may be asked to appear with D?
IV.EA.I and II
B.I and III only
C.II and III only
D.III and IV only