Gender: : Male
Branch: : Computer Science Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
January 2012 Mphasis Placement Paper:
1. In a group of persons travelling in a bus, 6 persons can speak Tamil, 15 can speak Hindi and 6 can speak Gujarati. In that group , none can speak any other language. If 2 persons in the group can speak two languages and one person can speak all the three languages, then how many persons are there in the group ?
A) 21 B) 23 C) 22 D)24
2. Potatoes are made up of 99% water and 1% "potato matter." Jack bought 100 pounds of potatoes and left them outside in the sun for a while. When he returned, he discovered that the potatoes had dehydrated and were now only made up of 98% water. How much did the potatoes now weigh?
Ans: 50 pounds.
3. You own a pet store. If you put in one canary per cage, you have one canary too many. If you put in two canaries per cage, you have one cage too many. How many canaries and cages do you have?
Ans: four canaries and three cages.
4. Using the digits 1,5,2,8 four digit numbers are formed and the sum of all possible such numbers.
5. Four persons can cross a bridge in 3,7,13,17 minutes. Only two can cross at a time. Find the minimum time taken by the four to cross the bridge.
6. A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there?
Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls.
7. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
8.There are 40 seats in a bus. People agree to share the money for the number of seats. The total money comes to 70.37. How many seats were free?
Ans: 9 seats.Rs.2.27
9. A certain quantity of petrol is found to be adulterated to the extent of 10%. What proportion of the adulterated petrol should be replaced with pure petrol to take the purity level to 98%?
(a) 80% (b) 32% (c) 66.67% (d) cannot be determined.
Ans (a) 80%
10. A clock is so placed that at 12 noon its minute hand points towards north-east. In which direction does its hour hand point at 1.30 p.m?
(E) None of these