Gender: : Male
Branch: : Mechanical Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
Union Human Resources Development Minister Kapil Sibal today laid the foundation for setting up of the first ever National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Mizoram at Lengpui area, near the lone airport in the State.
At a public meeting held on the occasion in Lengpui village, Sibal said NIT Mizoram would be made a world-class institution that would challenge the best technical institutes.
All the educational institutions in the country would be connectedwith optic fibre cable (OFC) network and the telecommunication international highway would also connect Mizoram soon.
“The National Knowledge Network would also be established linking 33,000 schools and around 660 higher educational institutions,” the minister said.
The NIT foundation laying function was attended by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla, Education Minister Lalsawta, Lok Sabha member C L Ruala, top officials of the state government and the union HRD ministry.
Sibal, who arrived at the Lengpui airport by helicopter from Guwahati, left Mizoram to lay foundation stone of NIT in Nagaland.
Source: The HIndu
- NIT Mizoram , btech admission 2016, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- CSAB NEUT-2014 Counselling List of Available Seat Mizoram
- Top engineering colleges in mizoram | Best Btech/BE colleges in mizoram
- Foundation stone laid for Kalpana Chawla Medical college
- Mizoram University 2012 admissions cut off, ranking, placements, fee - Discussions