Gender: : Female
Branch: : Electronics Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
2010 Dell Placement Paper:
1. Jayant gets 3 marks for each right sum and loses 2 marks for each wrong sum. He attempts 30 sums and obtains 40 marks. The number of sums attempted correctly is
2. Complete the following number series:
7. 1, 1, 3, 9, 5, 25, 7, 49 _, 81
3. 8. 5, 11, 23, 41, 64, _
Directions (4-6): Study the information given below to answer these questions.
Mark your answer as:
(i) If both A and R are correct but R does not explain A.
(ii) If both A and R are correct and R explains A.
(iii) If A is correct but R is wrong.
(iv) If A wrong but R is correct.
4. Assertion (A): A saltwater fish drinks sea water where a fresh water fish never drinks water.
Reason (R): A saltwater fish is hyper tonic to its environment while a freshwater fish is hypotonic to its environment.
5. Assertion (A): The territory of India is larger than the territories of the States taken together.
Reason (R): India is a Union of States.
6. Assertion (A): Alcohol rather than mercury is used in a thermometer to measure a temperature of 60o C.
Reason (R): Alcohol has a lower freezing point then mercury.
Directions (7-11): In the following questions, the first and the last parts of the sentence are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence is split into four parts named P, Q, R and S. These four parts are not given in their proper order. Read the parts, arrange them properly and find out which of the five combinations given below is appropriate, and mark it as your answer.
1. The latest move
P. women is being opposed
Q. to reserve one-third of
R. tooth and nail by
S. the electoral seats for
6. some political parties.
1. One of the most pernicious
P. ancient scriptures is that
Q. of the system of caste hierarchy,
R. and reactionary feudal survivals
S. sanctified by some
6. exploitation and oppression.
1. Experience as well as
P. tells us that any attempt
Q. at a forced equalisation of income
R. modern economic theory
S. and wealth destroys the incentives
6. that encourage efficiency.
1. The chances of electoral success
P. for liberals would certainly improve
Q. under the banner of
R. a liberal party with its
S. if they could fight
6. own electoral symbol.
1. The author has pointed an
P. of the community who
Q. accusing finger at the Muslim intelligentsia
R. maintain a stoic silence over the
S. and the dominant members
6. bizarre happenings in Kashmir.
12. Malnourishment of Indian children is mostly due to traditional taboos __________ with certain vital foods, and not due to their _____________.
1) containing, unavailability
2) embraced, locality
3) associated, scarcity
4) raised, nutrition
5) inserted, quality
12. During his mandate, the secretary-general will face the _________ challenge of ________ a global agreement on climate change.
1) grave, drawing
2) pressing, forging
3) massive, framing
4) umpteen, sentencing
5) detrimental, inking
13. The key for today's UN is not to _______ more goals, but to ________ those that have been set before.
1) bargain, offload
2) address, justify
3) superseded, avail
4) amen, respond
5) create, implement
14. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before ?
15. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
(D) Rs. 900
16.What is the output of the program
Ans: B. 11110
17.What is the output of the program
typedef struct a ST;
strcpy(str1->st1,"Welcome to Oracle");
A. core dump
B. will not compile
c. 100,Welcome to Oracle
D. None of these
18.Find the approximate value of the following equation. 6.23% of 258.43 - ? + 3.11% of 127 = 13.87
19. A train overtakes 2 persons walking at 3 km/hr and 5 km/hr respectively in the same direction and completely passes them in 8 seconds and 10 seconds respectively. Find the speed of the train.
1) 15 km/hr
2) 13 km/hr
3) 10 km/hr
4) 10 km/hr
5) None of these
20.The ratio between the radius and height of a cone is 3:4. What is the curved surface area of the cone?
1) 15p m2
2) 12p m2
3) 9p m2
4) Data inadequate
5) None of these