Gender: : Male
Branch: : Electronics Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
Abstract: The Information Age has led to an explosion of information available to users.While current storage needs are being met, storage technologies must continue to improve in order to keep pace with the rapidly increasing demand.However, conventional data storage technologies ,where individual bits are stored as distinct magnetic or optical changes on the surface of a recording medium, are approaching physical limits.
Storing information throughout the volume of a medium — not just on its surface —offers an intriguing high-capacity alternative. Holographic data storage is a volumetric approach which , although conceived decades ago, has made recent progress toward practicality with the appearance of lower- cost enabling technologies , significant results from longstanding research efforts, and progress in holographic recording materials. Holographic versatile disc (HVD) is a holographic storage format capable of storing far more data than DVD. Prototype HVD devices have been created with a capacity of 3.9 terabytes (TB) and a transfer rate of 1 gigabit per second (1 Gbps). At that capacity, an HVD could store as much information as 830 DVDs or 160 Blu-ray discs.
The complete report is attached!
- A lot of Mechanical Final Year Seminar PPTs. JIT- Just In Time Manufacturing RE- Reverse Engineering Fuel Cells NDT- Non Destructive Testing. Six Sigma Ceramic Disc Brakes Cruise Control.
- Terabyte Disc PDF PPT Seminar Report & Presentation
- Holographic Versatile Disc pdf/ppt download
- Holographic Information Storage PPT PDF Presentation & Seminar
- Holographic Versatile Disc PPT PDF Seminar Report & Presentation