Gender: : Male
Branch: : Mechanical Engineering
City : JaipurSend Friend Request
- MOPED is the short term for 'Motorized Pedaling'.
- POP MUSIC is 'Popular Music' shortened.
- BUS is the short term for 'Omnibus' that means everybody.
- FORTNIGHT comes from 'Fourteen Nights' (Two Weeks).
- DRAWING ROOM was actually a 'withdrawing room' where people withdrew after Dinner. Later the prefix 'with' was dropped..
- NEWS refers to information from Four directions N, E, W and S..
- AG-MARK, which some products bear, stems from 'Agricultural Marketing'.
- JOURNAL is a diary that tells about 'Journey for a day' during each Day's business.
- QUEUE comes from 'Queen's Quest'. Long back a long row of people as waiting to see the Queen. Someone made the comment Queen's Quest..
- TIPS come from 'To Insure Prompt Service'. In olden days to get Prompt service from servants in an inn, travelers used to drop coins in a Box on which was written 'To Insure Prompt Service'. This gave rise to the custom of Tips.
- JEEP is a vehicle with unique Gear system. It was invented during World War II (1939-1945). It was named 'General Purpose Vehicle (GP)'.GP was changed into JEEP later.