Gender: : Male
Branch: : Computer Science Engineering
City : NoidaSend Friend Request
The Ministry of Human Resource Development came out with a new exam pattern for the AIEEE & the IIT-JEE entrance exams. This created a lot of confusion amongst the aspirants.
In the new pattern MHRD, acknowledges the vitality of Board examinations and the adjoining stress faced by the student appearing for Joint Entrance Examinations. The new pattern has been readily adopted by all IITs for JEE from 2013.
It has been decided to hold a joint Entrance Examination(JEE) from the year 2013 for admission to the undergraduate programmes in engineering in two parts, JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCED.
A. Admission to NITs will be based on 40% weightage for performance in class XII board/ equivalent examination marks (normalized) and the remainder 60% weightage would be given to performance in JEE MAIN and a combined All India Rank (AIR) will be decided
B. Only the top 150000 candidates performance in JEE MAIN will qualify to appear in JEE ADVANCED examination. Admission to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank in JEE ADVANCED, subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 prcentile (category wise) in their respective board/Qualifying Examinations. the policy would be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and participating Institutions.
C. In case any State opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affliliated to State Universities and requires separate merit list to be provided based on relative weightages adopted by the states, the merit list shall be prepared with such relative weightages as may be indicated by states the examination will be conducted in the regional languages of the State(s) on request.
Ans. According to the new pattern, a student should be in the top 20% of his/her respective 12th board exams. For instance, for year 2012, the 20 percentile cutoff for 12th marks of CBSE board was 77.8% marks. In coming years, we expect it to be somewhere between 80%-85% marks in CBSE class 12th boards.
The JEE Main 2013 Reservation of Seats will reserve some seats in every participating institution for the candidates of reserved categories.
This JEE Main 2013 Reservation of Seats will be done on the basis of Govt. of India rules and norms regarding the reserved categories.
The categories that will be considered for reservation are as follows:
This benefit of JEE Main 2013 Reservation of Seats will be given to only those castes which are registered in the respective Central List published by the Govt. of India for admission in Centrally Funded Institutions, IIITs and NITs.
- Non – Creamy Layer OBC (NCL - OBC).
- Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- Scheduled Castes (SC).
- Persons with Disability (PwD).
The JEE Main 2013 Reservation of Seats percentages will be the ones as per the current norms of Govt.