Branch: : Aeronautical EngineeringSend Friend Request
Transaction rollback is useful if some error condition is detected during execution of a transaction. Commit is similar, in a sense, to saving changes to a document that is being edited, while rollback is similar to quitting the edit session without saving changes. Once a transaction has executed commit work, its effects can no longer be undone by rollback work. The database system guarantees that in the event of some failure, such as an error in one of the SQL statements, a power outage, or a system crash, a transactionís effects will be rolled back if it has not yet executed commit work. In the case of power outage or other system crash, the rollback occurs when the system restarts.
- Distributed Transactions in database management system free pdf
- Recovery with Concurrent Transactions in database management system free pdf
- Database Keys in database management system free pdf notes
- Design Issues in E-R database of database management system free pdf notes
- Database Systems versus File Systems in Database management system free notes