In it simplest form, I/O parallelism refers to reducing the time required to retrieve relations from disk by partitioning the relations on multiple disks. The most common form of data partitioning in a parallel database environment is horizontal partitioning. In horizontal partitioning, the tuples of a relation are divided (or declustered) among many disks, so that each tuple resides on one disk. Several partitioning strategies have been proposed.
- Intraoperation Parallelism in database management system free pdf
- Intraquery Parallelism in database management system free notes
- Interquery Parallelism in database management system free pdf
- Database Keys in database management system free pdf notes
- Design Issues in E-R database of database management system free pdf notes
nice pdf about DBMS read now.......this topic is very important.....give more detail about that????
Database management system pdf is very useful. Please post more topics in DBMS.