Branch: : Aeronautical EngineeringSend Friend Request
R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology Bangalore
Hi guys myself sonu from R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology III year, and I am here to answer ur queries regarding R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology admissions for 2013-2017 batch. You guys can ask me anything from hostel facilities to placements and much more!!!
About R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology: R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology (RNSIT) established in the year 2001, is the brain-child of the Group Chairman, Dr. R.N. Shetty. The Murudeshwar Group of Companies headed by Sri. R. N. Shetty is a leading player in many industries viz construction, manufacturing, hotel, automobile, power & IT services and education.
The group has contributed significantly to the field of education. A number of educational institutions are run by the R.N.Shetty Trust, with RNSIT one amongst them.
Affiliation: Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
Branches offered in RNSIT College:
Course Title Intake Established B.E. ( Computer Science & Engineering ) 120 2001-02 B.E. ( Electronics & Communication Engineering ) 180 2001-02 B.E. ( Electrical and Electronics Engineering ) 60 2004-05 B.E. ( Information Science & Engineering ) 120 2001-02 B.E. ( Instrumentation Technology ) 60 2001-02 B.E. ( Mechanical ) 120 2011-12 Total 660
RNSIT Admission Process:
- The Government of Karnataka conducts Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission into various professional courses. The CET is generally conducted during Feb/March and the notification will appear in all leading newspapers.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the combined performance in PUC/XII std. and CET.
- Seat matrix are announced indicating seats available in different colleges in different branches based on the sanctioned intake.
- Admissions are made according to merit, subject to reservations to various categories.
- Students called for counseling on a particular day will be announced on previous day in leading newspapers.
- On the day of counseling, when his/her turn comes, he/she can choose the college and branch based on the vacancy position displayed online.
- Students also get the opportunity to change the branch/college only once before the end of admission and this is final.
- Health Care
RNSIT Library was established during the year 2001 with a collection of 2000 volumes of books. Within a span of 10 years it has grown with a collection of over 21,000 volumes, 80 Journals, 18 Magazines and 13 Newspapers. RNSIT Library is an automated Library. Books are Bar Coded and students are issued an identity card to transact with the library facilities. Each student will be issued 3 books during regular time and 4 Books are issued during their exams. Journals and Magazines are available to support and enhance their specialization. Both Indian and foreign journals are being subscribed. Our library has been subscribed to the IEEE – IEL Online through INDEST – AICTE consortium by paying Rs. 4 lakhs to support library users project works, technical reports, and R & D works.
“Transforming every student – an employer’s choice”
“To achieve hundred percent placements” “To prepare students to global requirement” “To empower students to meet challenges” “To inculcate and foster Entrepreneur Development Skills”
RN Shetty Institute of Technology (RNSIT) has been recording 100% for all branches since the past many years and the trend is definitely here for many more years to come. Average salary is a notch higher than other average engineering colleges at Rs. 4.5L per year. Though most get placed in the usual IT companies, some MNCs like Microsoft also make a visit to the campus for recruitments.
Branch 2011 2012* 2013* Eligible Placed Total Offer Eligible Placed Total Offer Eligible Placed Total Offer E&C 79 73 124 76 74 172 73 65 102 CSE 89 82 131 97 91 220 77 65 103 ISE 51 51 73 40 37 79 34 27 40 EEE 29 29 43 39 32 59 39 33 48 IT 25 22 41 42 38 85 20 11 16
For Karnataka CET students: Rs. 33,090/- per year
For UGET (COMEDK) students: Rs. 1.25L per year
The College has presently two Boys and one Girls Hostel. These hostels accommodate around 530 boys and 300 girls boarders. Day to day affairs of hostels are managed by respective Wardens. There is also a Hostel Committee to help in taking policy decisions. Yoga and Meditation classes are held for both boys and girls in the early morning, on alternate days. Accommodation is provided on a sharing basis. Rooms with basic furniture like cot, table and chair are provided. Bed-rolls, linen etc. have to be brought by the students themselves. Strict discipline is maintained in the hostels. Late night entry, leaving hostel without permission are not allowed. Smoking and drinking in hostel premises is totally prohibited. Entry of unauthorised persons is prohibited.
The College owns a fleet of 10 buses & 1 van to meet the transportation requirements. The list of routes through which the buses ply on working days is given below. Our RNSIT Drivers names starting from left to right Basavaraj, Chandregowda, Nagaraj, Azeez, Suresh,Ramesh, Thimmegowda,Mahadeva, Byrappa, Krishnappa,Ravindra & Ravikumar.
Address: Channasandra, Uttarahalli-Kengri Road, Subramanya Pura post, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560061
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology (Dr. AIT) Bangalore 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- KLS Gogte Institute of Technology (KLSGIT) 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- Vemana Institute of Technology (VIT) Bangalore 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- SJB Institute of Technology (SJBIT) Bangalore 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT) 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus