Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bundelkhand (BIET)2013 Courses, admission, Campus, Placements, Fee-Structure, Fests, Hostels, Facilities

Information Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bundelkhand (BIET)2013 Courses, admission, Campus, Placements, Fee-Structure, Fests, Hostels, Facilities

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biet.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	31291

College Name: Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology

Motto : Aano bhadra kritvo yantu vishwatah

Established : 1986

Affiliated To: UPTU

Category: Co-Educational

Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jhansi (Hindi: बुन्देलखण्ड अभियान्त्रिकी एवं प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान ) (commonly known as BIET Jhansi), is a government-funded autonomous engineering college in Uttar Pradesh, India. It is a constituent college of Gautam Buddha Technical University (erstwhile Uttar Pradesh Technical University). It is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education. AICTE.
    It was established in 1986 by the government of Uttar Pradesh to provide impetus to technical education in the state and was the fifth government engineering college in the state. The first batch of the college was admitted in 1989 and graduated in 1993.

Ranking:
    For the academic session 2008-09 the institute was ranked 3rd (next to Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur and Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow) in terms of university results declared by UPTU among all the state level engineering institutes affiliated to the university.
    Courses:
    • Chemical Engineering (CH)
    • Civil Engineering (CE)
    • Computer Science and Engineering (CS)
    • Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
    • Information Technology (IT) (Under Self finance scheme)
    • Mechanical Engineering (ME)
    • Electrical Engineering (EE)

Type : Government-aided autonomous institute
    Admin. staff :100
    Undergraduates : 1,650
    Postgraduates : 110
    Campus : 240 acres (0.97 km2)

Campus: Total Area of academic block 240 acres.Total built-up area of the Institute building 28700 sq. m. A central library with 1100 sq. m. area A small dispensary with one doctor. Institute has 2 central Cafeteria & one each in all hostels. One branch of Central Bank of India. One branch of post office. A gymnastic hall with modern sports items & exercise machines. One central play ground and small grounds to play in front of all hostels. A new sports gymnasium is under construction.

Central library: B.I.E.T. central library serves as the perennial source of knowledge that quenches the thirst of students as well as faculty members. It has a rich collection of 28,220 books including 8,300 books funded by World Bank on various current and emerging technologies related to various streams. B.I.E.T. Library has a Library Software which works for the arrangement and complete automation providing the students an easy reach to all the books available. Library has a supply of more than 86 journals and around 580 back volumes of IEEE, ASWE, ASCE, ACM, ACI, etc. Online journals are provided to students through Indest.

Hostel: In B.I.E.T. we have five hostels, four are for boys and one is for girls. Every year has its own hostel. This is JAI BHARAT BHAVAN hostel for our final year batch students. Basic facilities like generators, water cooler are available. Highly neat & clean messes are available in each hostel, beside this an individual hostel canteen is also available for every hostel.
    Address: Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology Bundelkhand Institute Of Engineering And Technology, Jhansi(U.P.) , INDIA.

Map: [google-map-v3 width="400" height="300" zoom="14" maptype="ROADMAP" mapalign="center" addresscontent="Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology Bundelkhand Institute Of Engineering And Technology, Jhansi(U.P.) , INDIA " showmarker="true" animation="DROP" maptypecontrol="true" pancontrol="true" zoomcontrol="true" scalecontrol="true" streetviewcontrol="true" bubbleautopan="false" markerdirections="true" showbike="false" showtraffic="false" showpanoramio="false"]
    Campus Snapshot:

Re: Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bundelkhand (BIET)2013 Courses, admission, Campus, Placements, Fee-Structure, Fests, Hostels, Facilities

[MENTION=495482]sukriki sharma[/MENTION] - hey can u plz suggest me how's biet Jhansi? how r the placements there & all? & how's it compared to jss Noida?? I've to take admission in 1 of jss & biet, so which one shud I consider? I live in delhi so jss is closer 2 me bt biet is govt & thus very inexpensive.....please suggest..thank you in advance