Branch: : Aeronautical EngineeringSend Friend Request
Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) Bangalore
Myself Renu from Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology III year, and I am here to answer ur queries regarding MVIT admissions for 2013-2017 batch. You guys can ask me anything about MVIT.
About MVIT: Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) is an Institute of repute in the state of Karnataka (founded by Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust in 1986). The institute offers nine B.E. degree programs in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science & Engg., Industrial Engineering & Management, Telecommunication, Information Science and Bio Technology and four Masters Programs in Computer Applications, Business Administration, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Electronics.
MVIT Year of Establishment: 1986.
MVIT Affiliation: Visveswaraiah Technological University
Campus: Urban, 133 Acres
Ranking: 71 all over India by "Outlook" (Year 2012).
Branches offered in MVIT:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Science and Engineering
TABLE-A TUTION FEE (Rs.) Miscellaneous Fees (Rs.) Total Fees (Rs.) to be paid & Mode of payment Date of Registration Sl.No Course SEM MERIT SEAT COMED-K Seats Mgt.Seat & NRI Seats DTE VTU COLLEGE Total Misc.Fee MERIT SEAT COMED-K Seats Mgt.Seat & NRI Seats Pay Order / Demand Draft Should be Drawn in favour of Slab 1 Slab 2 Slab 1 Slab 2 1 BE III 30,000 125,000 125,000 590 290 5,920 6,800 36,800 131,800 131,800 Sir MVIT Payable at Bangalore 31.07.2012 2 V 25,000 30,000 125,000 125,000 590 290 6,970 7,850 32,850 37,850 132,850 132,850 3 VII 15,000 25,000 125,000 125,000 590 290 7,370 8,250 23,250 33,350 133,250 133,250
Placements Report 2012:
Till date 685 students have been placed out of total 700 (98%) & 1159 Offers have been issued. The process is still on ó
Some of the Historical records created in on campus placement are given below.
- Cognizant Picked up 352 students which was a record in entire South India.
- TCS picked up 301 out of 366 appeared in Interview. With 82% conversion rate, this again was a record in Karnataka.
- Mind Tree picked up 120 & Aricent 71 (both were record in Karnataka).
- Cummins (Top Mechanical Company) From Pune visited only to our college in Karnataka and picked up 4 (03 IEM & 01 Mechanical students on compensation package of 3.8 Lakhs per annum.
- Out of 28 companies conducted campus so for, 04 were IT majors viz CTS, TCS, Wipro, Mind Tree.
HIGHEST PACKAGE COMPANY
- DE Shaw Soft Ware: 13.50 Lakhs per annum
- Amazon.com: 7.00 Lakhs per annum
- Akamai: 6.5 Lakhs per annum
- EXETER : 6.5 Lakhs per annum
- CLEAR TRIP.COM: 6.5 Lakhs per annum
BRANCH WISE PLACEMENT PERCENTAGE:
CSE: 99%, ISE: 100%, E&C: 99%, TELECOM: 97%, E&E: 97%, Mechanical: 96%, IEM: 90%, BIO TECH: 95% & CIVIL: 93%
The campus has well qualified and motivated faculty, state-of-art laboratory facilities, well-equipped library and high speed Internet browsing center with connectivity and almost 100% placement. All there departments spread over on 53.8 hectares of greenery and serenity, are well connected by optical fiber backbone network. The Institute has, on its campus, Boys & Girls hostels, 100 bed general hospital, Ladies amenities center, staff quarters, Guest house, Cafeteria, outdoor sports facility spread over 12.1 hectares and an indoor games complex. The institute is connected to all the parts of the city by its own fleet of buses. All the students admitted to the institute are covered by insurance for life and medical care.
- Staff Quarters
- Health Center
Estimated cost of Boarding and Lodging in Hostels:
Lodging Ordinary: 23,850 + 13,000 = 36,850/- p.a.
Special: 35,000+13,000 = 48,000/-p.a.
(4000/- refundable deposit)
There are four Menís Hostels and two Ladiesí Hostels. One more Ladiesí Hostel block is under construction. These hostels accommodate around 640 boys and 300 girls. Day to day affairs of hostels are managed by Warden and resident Wardens. A Hostel Committee takes policy decisions. Accommodation is provided on a twin sharing basis. Rooms with basic furnitures like cot, table and chair are provided. Bed-rolls, linen etc. have to be brought by the students themselves. Strict discipline is maintained in the hostels. Late night entry, leaving hostel without permission are not allowed. Smoking and drinking in hostel premises is totally prohibited. Students are not permitted to use any electrical appliances other than what are provided in the rooms except computers for which additional fee of Rs.100/- per month is charged. Students residing in hostels are expected to carry identity cards with them always. Entry of unauthorized persons is totally prohibited. Hostel mess serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food and boarders have to register their choice of food at the beginning of the semester.
The Central Library and Information Center encourages every user to use the library to his/her advantage. The library is fully automated. At present the library has 59,040 volumes, 17,000 titles of books, about 950 back volumes of scientific and technical journals, 268 video cassettes, and 1050 CD/DVDís. There are 85 hard copies of the journals. The library also subscribes to IEEE / IEE Electronic Library, American Society of Mechanical Engineers and Springer Link E-Resources through INDEST Ė AICTE Consortium. Sir MVIT library follows the Open Access System encouraging the user to browse freely in the stack area. The library is housed in a spacious block with an area of 1400.8 sqm spread over two floors.
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (MVIT),
Krishnadeveraya Nagar, Hunasamaranahalli,
International Airport Road, Via-Yelahanka,
- SJB Institute of Technology (SJBIT) Bangalore 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- B.N.M Institute of Technology (BNMIT) Bangalore 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- CMR Institute of Technology (CMRIT) Bangalore 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT) 2013 admission,cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
- R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology 2013 Admission, cutoff, placement, fee, ranking, campus
I wanted to join how much fees should i pay