Sastra University 2014 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus Click Here:
Hello friends i am amit and i am B.Tech 4th year student of this university and i will clear you all the queries about this university.
About University :
The dreams of its founding fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY [SASTRA]. It has carved a niche for itself as a Centre for fostering and developing the body, mind and sprit of its students. SASTRA is totally committed to this three - fold flowering of the students entrusted to its care. Our blend of academic excellence and real world experience with moral values has earned SASTRA, national recognition.
A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 25,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 9,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India.
SASTRA offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and Arts besides various Doctoral programmes and has state-of-the-art laboratories, a well stocked library and one of the best computing facilities. With an ideal teacher-taught ratio, we strive for academic excellence through personalized attention. The mechanism established to support and monitor the student's progress assure success and satisfaction.
Since its inception SASTRA has achieved national standing in terms of academic performance, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and also in its growth and commitment to social service. The standard of excellence of our courses is reflected in the grades awarded to us by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council and in the success of our students in industry and academia, both in India & abroad.
SASTRA shapes its students' future by fostering a teamwork approach to instruction, encouraging interaction with faculty, providing access to high tech information, motivating them to develop new ideas and concepts, taking personal interest in students' career development and preparing them for success.
SASTRA has an ethos of its own, different from others. At a time when altruistic ideals and civic interests seem to have given way to power goals and heightened interest in materialism, SASTRA presents a holistic approach to personal and professional growth.
SASTRA moulds its students in such a way that their endeavors and interests transcend traditional boundaries. They do not seek to maintain status quo nor settle for observing change; they rather hope to be powerful instruments of change using their dynamic verve to make their contributions to the world.
Year of Establishment : 1984
Affiliated To : Autonomous Institute
Admission Procedure: The candidates have to fill the application form and post it to the right address as mentioned in the form. The aspiring candidates also have to give an entrance test and get their carrier started under this institute.
- 70% seats are filled based on the 12th marks obtained by the students.
- The remaining 30% seats are filled by candidates who apply under AIEEE AI rank.
- Note that SASTRA University does not participate in the CCB and admits students through separate counselling for AIEEE rankers. The students who wish to apply based on their AIEEE AIR need to apply separately on june 2013.
SASTRA Fee Structure : INR 1,30,000 Per year for tution
INR 1,00,000 per year for Hostel.
SASTRA Placement :
- ABN Amro
- Advent Net Development Centre India Pvt. Ltd.
- AEC Controls Pvt. Ltd.
- Aeronautical Development Agency
- American Megatrends India Pvt. Ltd.
- Anabond Ltd.
- Arkin Systems (P) Ltd.
- Ashok Leyland Ltd.
- Bharti Televentures Ltd.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
- Brakes India Ltd.
- Caritor Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd.
- Chemplast Sanmar Ltd.
- Chemtex Engineering India Ltd.
- Chipquest, VLSI Development Centre
- City Union Bank
- Coats Viella Ltd.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Ltd.
- Complete Business Solutions (India) Ltd., (CBSI)
- Dohler Flavourade Pvt. Ltd.
- EdNet Global Consulting Ltd.
- Electronics Data Systems Enercon . India Pvt. Ltd.
- Energy Solutions International Ltd.
- Escorts Ltd.
- FAL Industries Ltd.
- HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Hindustan Motors Ltd.
- HTC Global Services
- Neycer Ceramics
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited
- Oracle India Ltd.
- Petro Araldite Pvt. Ltd.
- Philips India Ltd.
- Polaris Software Lab Ltd.
- Premier Auto Electric Ltd.
- Premier Evolvics Pvt. Ltd.
- Ramco Cements
- Ramco Systems
- Ranbaxy Chemicals
- Reliance Petrochemicals
- Sanmar Engineering Corporation
- Satyam Computers Ltd.
- Seshasayee Paper & Boards Pvt. Ltd.
- Shahsun Chemicals Ltd.
- Silver Software Systems (Asia) Pvt. Ltd.
- Silverline Technologies
- SIPCOT Complex
- Sobha Developers Pvt. Ltd.
- Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
- IBM Corporation
- I-Flex Solutions
- Indian Cements Ltd.
- Indian Airlines
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Intel Inc.
- Interface Embedded Systems Ltd.
- IVTL Technologies Ltd.
- J. K. Pharma Chemical Ltd.
- Jacobs H & G Pvt. Ltd.
- JET Airways
- Johnson & Johnson
- Juniper Networks
- KALISRP Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Kanbay S/W (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Kerbs Biochemicals Ltd.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Lister Technologies
- L & T Infotech
- Lucas TVS Ltd.
- 'L' Cube Innovative Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Madras Aluminium Company (MALCO)
- Madras Fertilizer Ltd.
- Madras Homeo Laboratories
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Manali Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Maruti Udyog Ltd.
- Mascon Global Systems Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation
- NALCO India Ltd.
- National Centre for Software Tech.
- Netel Chromatographs
- Newgen Software Technologies Ltd.
- Sonata Software
- SPIC Ltd.
- SRA Systems Ltd.
- Standard Charted
- Sterling Auxillaries Ltd.
- Sterlite Industries Ltd.
- Strides Arco Labs
- Sun Industrial Automation & Solutions (SIAS)
- Sundaram Brakelings Ltd.
- Sundaram Clayton Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tata Elxsi
- Thirumalai Chemicals
- TI Diamond Chain Ltd.
- Toshibro Pvt. Ltd.
- Trigent Software Ltd.
- TVS Electronics Ltd.
- TVS Motor Company
- US Technology
- West Coast Paper Mills Ltd.
- Wipro Technologies Ltd.
SASTRA Hostel Facilities :
There are 6 boys' hostel and 2 girls' hostels providing accommodation to over 3000 boys and 1200 girls.
The hostels are of the following types:
1. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 4-in1 (Bath Attached).
2. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 3-in-1 / 4-in-1
The hostels provide a salubrious ambience and a feel-good climate and are equipped with all amenities for living, dining and recreation that makes each inmate feel at home. They provide a right atmosphere for intellectual stimulation and balanced growth.
SASTRA Address :SASTRA UNIVERSITY,Tirumalaisamudram,Thanjavur - 613401,Tamilnadu, India.
- K L University, btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
- ITM University- 2013 btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
- MATS University btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Dr. C. V. Raman University btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- bharath university chennai,btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
Last edited by ajaytopgun; 12th June 2014 at 10:27 AM.
i got 971/1000 in AP board.will i get a seat in SASTRA??
are u kidding u have a hell lot of chances for top branches
i got 920/1000 in AP board! and scored 125 in jee mains!! ive applied for CSE!! will i get a seat in dat branch? pls rply
I got 961/1000 ap board ssc.can i get computer science in sastra
Amit, How is Sastra University? Should I Go for it?
I am expecting a rank of 15-20k in AIEEE.
Is Sastra better than colleges coming in this rank range?