Branch: : Aeronautical EngineeringSend Friend Request
Mepco Schlenk Engg. College Virudhunagar
Hello friends i am vinod from Mepco Schlenk Engg. College Virudhunagar and I am here to answer your queries regarding MSEC admissions for 2013-2017 batch.
About College :
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi is one of the reputed private Engineering Colleges started under self-financing scheme on 17th October 1984. MEPCO refers to the Metal Powder Company, Thirumangalam and Schlenk is the German collaborator of the company. The institution is sponsored by the Mepco Schlenk Charities, a social welfare organisation of the Metal Powder Company Limited, Thirumangalam, which has won many National Awards for the outstanding performance in export promotion and R & D. The Board of Directors of our college are dynamic men with far sighted vision and wisdom, experienced in running several successful industries over three decades and also well-versed in running other educational institutions. The college was affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai and now it is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai from 2001.
Sri.A.Vairaprakasam, Sri.A.Tenzing and Dr.S.Arivazhagan serve as the President, Correspondent and Principal of the college respectively.
Our college was selected by the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) for prestigious Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan National Award for having the Best Overall Performance in the year 1998 and 2005. Five of our undergraduate courses were subjected to accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation and all of them have been awarded the highest grade of ‘A’. Our college has received ISO 9002 certificate from M/s. DNV, Netherlands. Our college has been selected as an Centre of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in Industrial Safety and was inaugurated by Bharat Ratna Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Year of Establishment : 1984
MEPCO Affiliation : Anna University
MEPCO Mode of Admission :
Mode Of Admission in 2012-13: TNEA and JEE Mains.
- A pass in H.Sc. (Acadmic with Maths, Physics and Chemistry) (or)
- A pass in H.Sc. (Vocational Stream in any one of the Vocational courses listed hereunder with the related subject noted against each course. (or)
- Diploma in any one of the courses. (or)
- Any other equivalent qualification approved by the State Board of Technical Education / Higher Secondary Board of Tamilnadu. Candidates belonging to communities other than SC/ST should have passed the qualifying examination is not more than two appearances.
For Students from other states
The students who have passed the qualifying examinations of University / Board other than Madras / Madurai / Annamalai / Bharathiar / Bharathidasan University should obtain the Provisional Eligibility Certificate from the Registrar, after being admitted in our college. If the qualification is for any reason not recognized by Anna University the candidate will have to discontinue the course.
MEPCO Cut off :
Branch Cut off Marks in TNEA Bio-Technology 189 Civil Engineering 192 Computer Science Engineering 194 Electronics and Communication Engineering 196 Electrical and Electronics Engineering 194 Information Technology 193 Mechanical Engineering 195
MEPCO Fee Structure : INR 60000 per annum.
MEPCO Facilities :
MSEC Library is housed in a two storeyed separate building covering an area of 25,000 sq. ft. All the reading rooms in our Library have been air-conditioned to provide a congenial atmosphere to users. With the generous contribution by the Management and the special interest taken by the Principal, the Library is being equipped steadily and systematically.
Our college Library is well equipped in terms of the number of books, backvolumes and current journals subscribed. Apart from catering to the needs of its faculty and students, the use and services of our College Library are extended to Private/Public Organizations upon its being admitted as a member of our Library.
MEPCO has 5 Gents and 4 Ladies hostels in the campus that can accommodate around 1300 Gents and 900 Ladies. These hostels are:
Gents Hostels :
Ladies Hostels :
MEPCO Placement :
Year Percentage of Students Placed 2008-2009 92 2009-2010 88 2010-2011 92 2011-2012 84
MEPCO Address : Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi,Mepco Engineering College (PO) - 626 005
- PES Modern College of Engg. pune,btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Rajarshi Shahu College of Engg pune,btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Thadomal Shahani Engg. College(T-SEC) mumbai btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Dr. J. J. Magdum College of Engg. Kolhapur,btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Govt. College of Engg., Amravati,btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities