Branch: : Aeronautical EngineeringSend Friend Request
Engineering chemistry external examinations important questions [IMG]file:///C:/Users/RAGEVE%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
1. State and explain kohlraush’s law. Discuss its significance and applications.
2. Describe the construction and working of calomel & Quinhydrone electrode. Write its merits and demerits.
3. What is fuel cell? Explain construction and working of Hydrogen Oxygen fuel cell.
4. Define the term specific, equivalent and molar conductance.
5. Define corrosion. Explain the mechanism of wet corrosion with example.[IMG][/IMG]
6. Explain the factors influencing the rate of corrosion.
7. Describe the sacrificial anodic and impressed current cathodic protection from corrosion.
8. What is paint? Mention the essential ingredients and functions of paints.
9. What is meant by hardness of water? How will you measure hardness of water by EDTA method?
10. Describe cold & hot lime soda softening process with neat diagram. Write its advantages and disadvantages.
11. Describe the principle procedure involved in zeolite process for softening. Write its merits and demerits.
12. Describe ion exchange method of water softening. Write its advantages and disadvantages.
13. Write briefly about boiler troubles (Carry over (priming & foaming), caustic embrittlement & Scale & sludge formation).
14. Define calorific value. How calorific value of a gaseous fuel is determined by Junker’s gas calorimeter.
15. Write a complete description on proximate & ultimate analysis of coal.
16. Explain Fisher-Tropsch’s and Bergius methods for the synthesis of petrol.
17. What is knocking? Define Octane Number and Cetane Number. How it can be improved.
18. Describe analysis of flue gas by Orsat’s method using neat diagram.
19. Explain one component system phase diagram by using one suitable example.
20. Define phase. Explain two component system phase diagram with using one suitable example.
21. With the help of flow diagram explain the manufacture of Portland cement by wet process/dry process.
22. Define lubrication. Explain the mechanism of Boundary lubricants/ Extreme pressure lubricants / Thick film lubricants.
23. Explain properties of lubricants: a) Flash & fire point b) Cloud & pour point c) Flash & fire point d) Viscosity
24. What are refractories & discuss properties of refectories (strength of refractory, pyrometric cone ,thermal-spalling, porosity)
25. Define insulators? What are thermal & electrical insulators? Discuss their characteristics & engineering applications.
SET-2 - IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
1. Write short notes 1. Galvanizing 2. Tinning 3. Electroplating
2. Define polymerization. Write the differences between Additional polymerization-condensation polymerization & thermoset – thermo-plastics.
3. Write in detail about compounding of plastics and their functions.
4. Explain compression, injection & extrusion moulding process with neat diagram.
5. Write preparation properties and application of following a. P.V.C b. Bakelite c. Nylon d. BUNA-S e. Teflon f. Polyester.
6. What are colloids? Classify colloids.( lyophilic & lyophobic colloids)
7. Give a detailed account on the properties of Colloids. Writes various applications of colloids.
8. Define phase, component, degree of freedom, phase rule equation & what is the significance of phase rule? Discuss its applications & limitations.
9. Define adsorption. Write the differences between physical and chemical adsorption.
10. Describe briefly about Langmuir adsorption isotherm. Write applications of Adsorption.
11. Derive Nernst’s equation. What are reference electrodes? Give an Example
12. Write short notes on standard electrode potential, EMF of cell, concentration cell.
13. Discuss the method of determination of pH of a solution using Glass electrode.
14. What is secondary cell? Describe construction, cell reaction and application of any secondary cell.
15. Distinguish between A. Soft and hard water B. temporary and permanent hardness
C. lime soda, zeolite and ion exchange process
16. Describe desalination of brackish water. A reverse osmosis b. electro dialysis.
17. What is fuel? Classify fuel with suitable examples. Write characteristics of a good fuel?
18. Distinguish between solid, liquid and gaseous fuel.
19. What is meant by calorific values of a fuel. Distinguish gross and net calorific value.
20. Explain the method of determination of C.V of solid fuel by Bomb calorimeter with a neat diagram.
21. Write the mechanism of free radical polymerization.
22. Describe moulding process for fabrication of thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics.
23. Discuss the processing of natural rubber and vulcanization process.
24. Write short notes on micelles and nano technology.
25. Explain with suitable examples the following terms used in the phase rule study of heterogeneous equilibrium. a) Triple point & b) Eutectic point.
26. Write a note on Annealing & hardening.
27. Write in detail an account of heat treatment based on iron-carbon phase diagram & discuss the silent features of Fe – C system.
28. Write the chemical composition of cement. Explain setting and hardening of cement.
29. What is lubricant? Write functions of lubricant.
30. What are refractories. How are they classified give examples.
31. What are super conductors? Write the applications of super conductors.
Note: Read SET-1 (25) very VVery important questions.
- Chemistry IIT/AIEEE Coaching Material: BASIC CONCEPTS IN CHEMISTRY - Theory, Questions & Answers
- AIEEE 2011 Chemistry Guess papers/ AIEEE 2011 Chemistry expected questions
- Engineering Applied Chemistry B. Tech Semester Examination Papers PDF Download
- Chemistry IIT/AIEEE Coaching Material: ELECTRO CHEMISTRY - Theory, Questions & Answers
- Chemistry IIT/AIEEE Coaching Material: SURFACE CHEMISTRY - Theory, Questions & Answers