Branch: : Aeronautical EngineeringSend Friend Request
Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT) Sarang, Biju Patnaik University of Technology
Hi guys, i am Agyat and i am here to provide you the details of admission in IGIT Sarang. If you have any query in this regard you can ask it here.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT), Sarang was established in the year of 1982 and was managed directly by the Govt. of Orissa in the name of Orissa College of Engineering (OCE). Prior to this, since 1981, the institute in the name of Modern Polytechnic (MPT) was offering Diploma Courses in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Mining Survey Engineering. In the year 1987, both OCE & MPT were merged and renamed as IGIT, Sarang and the management was transferred to an Autonomous Society. Presently, the Institute is offering seven Under Graduate Engineering courses in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Electronics & Telecommunication & Computer Science Engg., Master in Computer Application;& four Post Graduate Engg. courses in Industrial Power Conytrol & Drives,Environmental Engg.,Mechanical System Design,& Structural Engg.and besides five Diploma Courses in Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication, Mechanical & Metallurgical Engineering.
Year of establishment : 1982
Affiliation : BPUT
Mode of Admission : OJEE
Cutoff : The OJEE rank should be approximately within 1000 for admission in IGIT Sarang.
Available Branches in Engineering :
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Electronics & Telecom. Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Fee Structure : Rs. 40,000/ per annum
Hostel accommodations are available for boys and girls. The institute is fully residential and provides hostel accommodation for all students. In exceptional cases, a student subsequent to admission may be permitted, on application in prescribed form, to remain with his/her parents or natural guardian living in nearby places. Students permitted to stay as day-scholars are exempted from payment of mess charges and Electricity charges only and will be entitled for refund of the mess advanced paid at the time of admission. All other dues will be collected from day scholars also. However, the students not provided with hostels accommodation by the institute will be exempted all hostel dues except Hostels fund.
Placements 2012 :
OISL (OCL iron and steel Ltd.) -3
Russella Group -2
L & T Construction - 10
The workshop is under administrative and financial control of Mechanical Engineering Department. It is well equipped with all types of machines, tools and equipments in order to give practical training to both degree and diploma students in different branches of Engineering of the Institute. It consists of the following sections.
- Carpentry and pattern making.
- Turning and Machine Shop.
- Welding and Sheet Metal Section.
The Institute library has a valuable collection of about 27,000 text & reference books, Hand books I.S. codes. About 50 nos of journals are being subscribed to Institute Library.
The library remains open from 9.00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M. on all working days except on Saturday Saturday timing is from 9 AM to 1.00 PM. On Sunday and other public holidays, it is closed. Bonafide users of the institute library are
- All teachers of institute.
- All bonafide students of the institute.
- All other employees of the institute
The difficulties of the students to buy costly text books are solved partially by the Book Bank Scheme. Purchase of books of such purposes are restricted to prescribed text books only.The books are suitably distributed among the students keeping in view the norm that one set of books is meant for 7 students, for entire course. The allotment of books are decided by lottery and the students are to bear 1/8th of the cost of the books. The books should be returned to the Book Bank at the end of each Semester.The students who drop out in the middle should ensure that the books in their name are returned back to the Book Bank.It is the responsibility of the students to maintain the books supplied to them from Book Bank in Good Condition. Any case of loss or damage to the book shall lead to penalty. In case of serious damages also the student has to bear the full cost of replacement of the books.
Other Facilities :
- The Institute provides facilities of Library, Playground, Dispensary school (1st to 10th class), P.H.D. Water Supply, BSNL Telephone Exchange.
- The State Bank of India, Talcher branch operates an extension counter in the institute on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of the week.
- There is a sub-post office in the campus.
- The Institute has a 05 suit Guest House along with dining facilities inside the campus. At present one A/C room is available for state Guests and VIPs.
- Purushottam Institute of Engineering and Technology Rourkela btech admission 2013,cutoff,fee,placement,hostel,campus facility
- Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology btech admission 2013,cutoff,fee,placement,hostel,campus facility
- Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement Bhubaneswar btech admission 2013,cutoff,fee,placement,hostel,campus facility
- Silicon Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar btech admission 2013,cutoff,fee,placement,hostel,campus facility
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology Delhi btech admission 2013,cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities