16th May 2013
, 05:02 PM
IPU CET Reservation of Seats 2013 | IPU CET 2013 Reservation of Seats
1. The Reservation Policy for the University Schools, IGIT, Govt. Institutes and Self Financing Colleges/ Institutions affiliated with this University, other than minority institution, for the academic session 2011- 12 was as under :-
- The candidate seeking admission under reserved categories /classes has to mandatorily produce the caste/category certificate in his/her name at the time of counselling. The certificate in name of either of the parent (Mother/Father) is not acceptable and the candidate will not be entitled even for provisional admission.
- The reservation certificate should be issued from the respective state/region in which the reservation is claimed e.g. in case any candidate claims for the seat reserved for DSC/DST/DOBC category then he has to bring SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by Govt. of NCT of Delhi and also should have passed his/her qualifying exam from Delhi School/College.
- 10% of the total seats (as per CET Code) will be allocated as management quota seats as per policy of Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
I. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
Any unfilled seat(s) reserved for Scheduled Castes will be treated as reserved for Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa and will not be offered to any other reserved category. In case sufficient number of eligible candidates of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are not available, the seats thus remaining vacant will be treated as unreserved after the second counselling of the reserved categories.
A list of approved Competent Authorities for the issuance of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe certificates is as under:-
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, Collector, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluk Magistrate, Executive Magistrate and Extra Assistant Commissioner;
- Chief Presidency Magistrate, Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate and Presidency Magistrate;
* RESERVATION POLICY FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2012-13 IS UNDER CONSIDERATION OF THE GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI. IT WILL BE NOTIFIED ON THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF COUNSELLING FOR THE SESSION 2012-13. THE OBC RESERVATION IS AS PER NOTIFICATION ISSUED BY GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar;
- Administrator, Secretary to the Administrator or the Development Officer (Lakshdweep & Minicoy Islands).
1. The required certificate (s) for reserved categories/ classes will be essential at the time of the counselling/admission and no provisional admission shall be admissible for want of caste/category certificate from the local competent authority. Further, the caste/category certificate should invariably be in the name of candidate himself/herself and not in favour of respective parents/ guardians.
2. In case of married woman applying to any course under reserved category has to produce the caste certificate in the name of herself. Certificate in the name of husband/ mother/father is not acceptable.
II. Reservation for Defence Category
In order to claim reservation under Defence Category, the candidate must have qualified CET. The reservation for Defence Category will be in the following order of priority:-
- Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
- Wards of serving personnel and exservicemen disabled in action;
- Widows/wards of Defence personnel who died in peace-time with death attributable to military service;
- Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in peace-time with disability attributable to military service;
- Wards of ex-servicemen and serving personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Award;
- Wards of ex-servicemen;
- Wards of serving personnel.
For claiming reservation on a seat reserved for Defence Category, entitlement card in original issued by the Record Officer of the concerned unit or the regiment of the armed forces in case of personnel of the armed forces is to be produced as proof for claiming reservation in a particular category at the time of counselling/admission. In addition to original entitlement card/document as referred above the candidate will also have to bring the format given in Appendix : 15 duly signed by the competent authority.
Widows or wards of the officers and men of the armed forces who died or disabled in action must also submit a certificate from any one of the following authorities stating that the death or the disability, as the case may be, was attributable to military service:
- CO Unit
- Formation Commander
- Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, New Delhi
- Secretary, Rajya or Zila Sainik Board
- Officer-in-Charge, Record Office
- Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate
In case of retired personnel, the candidate must have some documentary evidence like ECHS card as proof of dependency. In case of serving personnel, a dependent certificate with photograph from the CO of the Unit will be required. This will be in addition to the documents already mentioned above.
The candidate claiming reservation under Defence Category must bring the original medical release board/medical board papers which should very clearly state that the disability suffered is attributable to military service. In the absence of the documents the admision officer will deny admission under priority (iv).
The list of seniority of Gallantry Awards in their Order of Precedence is as follows:-
- Param Vir Chakra
- Ashok Chakra
- Mahavir Chakra
- Kirti Chakra
- Vir Chakra
- Shaurya Chakra
- Sena/Nao Sena/Vayu Sena Medal*
Note * This medal is awarded for Gallantry as well as for distinguished service.
Accordingly, it is notified in correspondence as under :-
- Sena Medal (G)/ Nao Sena Medal (G)/Vayu Sena Medal(G) for the medal awarded for Gallantry.
- Sena Medal (D)/ Nao Sena Medal (D)/ Vayu Sena Medal(D) for the medal awarded for Distinguished Service.
** Mention-in-Despatch is also awarded for Gallantry and Distinguished services. Classification of same is made only on specific request.
However, for the purpose of reservation, only notification which states that the Sena Medal has been awarded for Gallantry will be accepted and the Sena Medal for Distinguished Services will not be considered.
III. Physically Handicapped
A certificate from the Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Physically Handicapped 9,10,11 Karkardooma, Vikas Marg, Delhi-110092 is to be produced at the time of counselling/admission, which will certify that the applicant is fit for undergoing the said course (Appendix 9). No certificate other than this shall be allowed for availing seat under ‘PH’ Category.
IV. Other Backward Category
27% seats are reserved for Delhi OBC Category belonging to the list of OBC castes in Delhi. The reservation will be available only in the University Schools of Studies, University maintained Institute and other Government Institutions. Students will be admitted in this category on the submission of a certificate to this effect from the Competent Authority of the Government of NCT of Delhi. The reservation for OBC Category is only for candidates who are from Delhi Region.
A list of approved Competent Authorities for the issuance of OBC certificates is as under:-
i) District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner, Collector, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Executive Magistrate.
- The required certificate (s) for reserved categories/ classes will be essential at the time of the counselling/admission and no provisional admission shall be admissible for want of caste/category certificate from the local competent authority. Further, the caste/category certificate should invariably be in the name of candidate himself/herself and not in favour of respective parents/ guardians.
- In case of married woman applying to any course under reserved category has to produce the caste certificate in the name of herself. Certificate in the name of husband/ mother/father is not acceptable.
V. Supernumerary Seats for Kashmiri Migrants
One seat, which will be supernumerary in nature is earmarked for Kashmiri migrants in each Institution. Admission will be based on merit through CET-2013. First preference will be given to Kashmiri migrants registered in Delhi upto 11.06.2001. In case of seats remaining vacant Kashmiri migrants settled outside Delhi will be considered. A certificate of competent authority for availing admission against Kashmiri Migrant Quota is to be produced by the candidates at the time of counselling/admission. (Appendix 10)
The candidates claiming seats against Kashmiri Migrants must produce the Appendix 10 duly filled before the Admission Officer as no other document will be accepted by the Admission Officer.
The conversion of seats reserved for SC, ST, DEF, PH, OBC, Minority, etc. to General Category shall be done only during the 2nd counselling and no such conversion will be allowed during the 1st counselling. However, while converting the seats, any unfilled seat(s) reserved for ST Category will be offered to SC Category and vice versa and only after that the conversion of the reserved category seats shall be effected.
However, Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government (for the year 2013) and the same will be announced on University’s Website (www.ipu.ac.in) in case of any change(s) in the policy as described in above paragraphs.
Clarification for Admissions in reserved category:
Admission will be permissible to qualified candidates in any programme in the following conditions:-
If Qualifying examination is passed from Delhi and Reservation certificate issued from Delhi for SC/ST/OBC categories, then admission is permissible under Delhi Reserved category.
If Qualifying examination is passed from Outside Delhi and Reservation certificate issued from anywhere in India, including Delhi for SC/ST categories, then admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Reserved category.
If Qualifying examination is passed from Delhi and Reservation certificate issued from Outside Delhi for SC/ST categories, then admission is permissible only under Delhi General category.
For Institutes in NCR Region (Not in Delhi) All India basis:- If Qualifying examination is passed from anywhere in India and Reservation certificate is issued from anywhere in India, then admission is permissible under Reserved category, irrespective of the region from where certificate has been issued.
Tags for this Thread