Gender: : Male
Branch: : Mechanical Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
To apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2014 Exam, candidates have to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form. The form can be filled on the official website of JEE Main 2014 from 15 November 2013 onwards. From this year, the entire process of application form is made online and no offline form is provisioned. Earlier, candidates used to purchase the offline JEE Main 2014 Application Form via designated sale centers but now the complete process is to be completed ONLINE.
The last date to fill the application form is 6 January 2014. Application form must be filled correctly and completely without missing any crucial information since it might lead to rejection in the later stage. Here we present to you comprehensive information on the application form and its submission process:
JEE Main 2014 Application Form & Eligibility Criteria
The first step towards applying for JEE Main 2014 is to read the eligibility criteria carefully. It mentions several terms and conditions that must be read and satisfied by the candidate in order to be eligible for the entrance examination. Failing to satisfy these conditions will eventually result into form dismissal. Eligibility criteria is defined on the basis of age, educational qualification, reservation and category.
It must be noted that JEE Main 2014 Application Form will mention an option to apply for JEE Advanced 2014. Candidate must tick the option if he/she wants to apply for JEE Advanced 2014. Also, eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2014 is DIFFERENT from JEE Advanced 2014 and candidates must carefully read them distinctively to avoid any confusion later on.
Odisha and Maharashtra Candidates (OJEE 2014 & MT CET 2014)
Candidates from the state of Odisha and Maharashtra who were previously supposed to give OJEE 2014 and MT CET 2014 respectively will now be admitted into their state’s engineering colleges on the basis of JEE Main 2014 and they are also required to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form.
It means that counselling and allotments in these states will be made on the basis of JEE Main 2014 AIR. Counselling, however, in these states would be done by their technical education board’s counselling committee. All the rules and specifications in the JEE 2014 will be applied equally to these candidates.
JEE Main 2014 Application Form Submission Process
Below is the detailed step-by-step tutorial on filling and submitting the JEE Main 2014 Application Form which will help candidates to fill the form in easy steps. It must be noted that the complete process is now online and candidate must know basic operations of computer. Further, he/she must be equipped with a working computer system and internet connectivity. Having power-backup in the computer system would be better so that the form submission process doesn’t get interrupted in between.
To assist the candidates in JEE Main 2014 Application Form process, CBSE has already set various facilitation centers across the country where they will be helped by the authorized officials in filling and submission without any cost. It is advisable that candidates read the information brochure as well for other relevant guidelines.
Before Proceeding to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form
Candidates must keep the following information handy before filling the online application form.
- Class XII and X mark-sheets to enter birth-date and name
- Debit or credit card for remitting application form fee
- Scanned images of left hand thumb impression, signature and photo
Image Uploading Specifications
- E-challan receipt (in case fee is paid via bank challan)
Candidate must upload scanned images of their thumb impression, signature and photograph in the JEE Main 2014 Application Form. These images must be in clear resolution as per standards. Here are the important specifications that must be strictly followed by the candidate in the application form. All these photos must be in JPEG/JPG file format.
Sample of a correct photograph
Candidate must upload only latest passport sized colored or b/w photograph in the application form. The photo must be clear and no hat or cap must be worn. It must clearly show candidate’s face and shoulders. Name and date of photo taken must be mentioned on the photo.
Unacceptable Signature Reason All Capital Letters Signature Incomplete Small Signature Poor resolution Unclear resolution Correct signature
Reference chart for correct signature
Follow these simple steps to obtain the perfect signature image to be uploaded in JEE Main 2014 Application Form. Acceptable size of photo is from 1 to 30 kb and 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- Take a white non-ruled paper and draw a rectangular box of dimensions 7x2 cm.
- Write the signature neatly with black or blue ball pen.
- Scan the paper in a scanner and save the image after apt cropping.
Sample of a correct thumb impression
Candidate have to upload scanned image of left hand thumb impression in the JEE Main 2014 Application Form. Acceptable size of thumb impression is from1 to 30 kb and 3.5 x 1.5 cm. Here is the process of taking the impression.
- Take a white non-ruled paper and draw a rectangular box of dimensions 7x2 cm.
- Use a black or blue inked thumb pad and press left hand thumb (right hand thumb for females) firmly in it.
- Make the impression in the box in a single attempt without smudging.
Steps To Fill The JEE Main 2014 Application Form
- Scan the paper and save the image after cropping necessary part out.
Snapshot of the JEE Main 2014 Application Form Page
- Click the given link to open the application form page: Click Here
- Fill in all the personal details (educational qualification, communication details etc).
- Mark the options of exam center, exam mode (online or offline), paper choice (paper1, paper 2 or both), JEE Advanced 2014 tick-box to apply.
- Upload scanned images of thumb impression, photo and signature.
- Pay the JEE Main 2014 Application Fee via credit card or e-challan.
- Examine all the details and submit the form.
Important Instructions for Candidates
- Download the acknowledgment slip and preserve it for future use.
- Do not send multiple forms. Only one form per candidate is allowed.
- Mention only correct and complete contact information in the JEE Main 2014 Application Form since all correspondences would be made on those details.
- The name in the application form must be similar to that of Class XII mark-sheet.
- Application fee shall not be refunded in any case and no claims would be entertained.
- If the result of qualifying examination is to be declared after June 2014, it is advisable that candidate do not apply.
- Every communication shall be made in the name of “The Executive Director, JEE Main”.
JEE Main 2014 Application Form Fees
- No certificate or document must be sent to the JEE Main office for verification purpose.
To complete the process of form submission, candidates have to remit the form fee thorough any of the available modes as described below. The two modes to deposit the form fee are:
- Download the e-challan from the application form page.
- Fill the e-challan accordingly with correct information.
- Submit the challan at any CBS branch of Canara Bank, Syndicate Bank or ICICI Bank.
- Keep the transaction receipt safe.
- Fill the particulars of credit card in the JEE Main 2014 Application Form.
- Press submit button.
If the candidate chooses credit/debit card as payment mode, overhead service cost would be charged. Details of these additional charges are as follows:
- Credit Card -1.20% of the exam fee + service tax
JEE Main 2014 Application Form Fee Tariff
- Debit Card - 0.75% + taxes for exam fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for exam fee more than Rs.2000
Offline Exam Online Exam Paper Center in India OBC or General PwD or ST or SC OBC or General PwD or ST or SC Either JEE Main Paper 1 or JEE Main Paper 2 500 (Girls)1000 (Boys) 500 (Girls)500 (Boys) 300 (Girls)600 (Boys) 300 (Girls)300 (Boys) Both JEE Main Paper 1 and Paper 2 900 (Girls)1800 (Boys) 900 (Girls)900 (Boys) 700 (Girls)1400 (Boys) 700 (Girls)700 (Boys) Center in Foreign Either JEE Main Paper 1 or JEE Main Paper 2 1250 (Girls)2500 (Boys) 1250 (Girls)1250 (Boys) 1250 (Girls)2500 (Boys) 1250 (Girls)1250 (Boys) Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE Main 1900 (Girls)3800 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)1900 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)3800 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)1900 (Boys)
JEE Main 2014 Exam Schedule
- JEE Main 2014 Application Form Begins From: 15 November 2013
- Online Application submission ends: 6 January 2014
- Confirmation Page Receiving Last Date: Last Week of December 2013
- JEE Main 2014 Admit Card Download: First Week of January 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Offline Exam (Paper 1&2): 6 April 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Online Test: 9 April , 11 April , 12 April and 19 April 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Result: 3 May 2014
- JEE Main 2014 All India Ranks Declaration: June First Week 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Rank Card Available From: June First Week 2014
Last edited by ajaytopgun; 12th March 2014 at 03:58 PM.