Gender: : Female
City : AurangabadSend Friend Request
Hi! This is Shivi, an education expert for education in USA.I have written about education in USA ,what you all students need to know before you plan to study in USA
Pursuing Masters in Management in United States is a dream for most of the graduates .Most of the students prefer MBA from US colleges such as Harvard University,Yale University etc.Over 80% of the candidates prefer the US as their study destination for MBA, with UK and Canada falling in second and third places. It goes without saying that MBA was born here and US is the world’s largest economy. These factors only add to the MBA programs flourishing in this part of the world, with a large range of subject choices available for an MBA student.
Details about MBA Programs in USA
The term MBA itself is a high demand master’s degree in the professional world. But a student pursuing this esteemed course from a US educational institution stands a far better and prosperous future, in terms of earnings and respect, as compared to students earning this degree from other B-schools.
Many colleges and universities in the US offer different kinds of MBA programs, depending upon the students’ needs and demands. The most common amongst these include One Year Full-Time MBA program, Two Year Full-Time MBA program, Part-Time MBA program, Online MBA, and Executive MBA. Full time MBA programs are designed for students who are fresh graduates and postgraduates and are not yet established in the industry. These courses are usually taken by students who can personally finance, take loans, or qualify for merit scholarship. With one year full-time MBA program, students are taught management skills since they already have know-how about professional network and extracurricular business skills.
American universities follow a slightly different academic calendar compared to UK universities. The academic year followed in all US universities is organized by semesters - Fall and Spring. The fall semester runs from August through December, while the spring semester starts in January and ends in May. However, certain universities also run a summer semester, extending from May to August, but most students choose not to attend this semester and pursue vacation, work, or internship instead.
Specializations for MBA Program
Finance; Healthcare; Accounting; Human Resource Development; Marketing; Project Management; Entrepreneurship; Criminal Justice; Consulting; Engineering; E-Business; Education; Executive Level; General Management; Global Management; Hospitality and Tourism; Industrial Management; Information Systems; Knowledge Management; Leadership; Media; Non-Profit Making and Governmental Organizations; Real Estate; Sports Management; Technology Management; Telecommunication
Admissions Requirements for taking up MBA in USA
- Candidates applying for an MBA program in US should have a Bachelor’s degree. However, for students applying from India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Australia, having a three-year Bachelor’s degree is not sufficient and they must also possess a Master’s degree.
- Even though every university has its own individual admissions requirement, it is highly essential for every candidate to have a good past academic record, in order to get admission in a good business school.
- Most universities require an official transcript or mark sheet for every college and university attended after secondary school. Any correspondence courses or diploma courses attended should also be submitted via transcripts.
- GMAT and TOEFL are the most important entrance tests required to be taken for starting the admission process of MBA in US. These test scores should be attached along with the MBA admission application form. A candidate should secure an average of 680 on the GMAT exam to be eligible for admission in a top American B-school, though this score can touch the upper limit of 720 as well, making the competition even tougher.
- Students with a couple years of work experience are highly preferred by most of the top business schools of US, though it is not mandatory. However, relevant work experience is always an added advantage to get admission in a good college. Getting enrolled in an MBA program in US requires a minimum of three years of working experience.
- Candidates with work experience should also submit a detailed resume highlighting relevant information, like position(s) held, achievements, and scope of work.
- Letter of recommendation is an essential requirement in the MBA admission procedure. Ideally, you should give three letters of recommendation from people you know personally and . Ask them to include your qualities, objectives, strengths, and importance and usefulness of the MBA program to the candidate.
- Application essay, also known as personal essay, is another significant element in the admission process. You should focus on your strategies in convincing the admission authority in giving you preference over other candidates. In short, the application essay is the first impression of you as an individual, which should be the topmost.
For more details on MBA in US & Other such opportunities, please leave a comment on this thread...
Last edited by shivi.attitude; 10th October 2011 at 01:05 PM.