Gender: : Male
Branch: : Some other branch
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
Sastra University 2014 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus
Year of Establishment: 1984
Affiliated To : Autonomous Institute
Admission to all programmes is strictly based on merit only. Admission to B.Tech. / 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. Programme
SASTRA offers B. Tech., 5- Year integrated M.Tech., M. Tech., MCA, MBA, B.Com (CA), B.A. LL.B (Hons.), B.Com. LL.B (Hons.), B.B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and Ph.D. programmes in its main campus in Thanjavur and B. Sc., B.Com, BBA, BCA, B. Ed., M. Ed., M.Sc., M. Phil and B. Tech. (CSE, ECE, EEE, IT) courses in its Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre (off-campus centre of SASTRA recognized by Govt. of India) in Kumbakonam. SASTRA does not have any other off-campus centre.
Admission to all programmes is strictly based on merit only.
Admission to B.Tech. / 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. Programme
Admission to the B.Tech. / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. programmes will be conducted under two streams.
Stream 1 (based on JEE(Main) 2014 and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats
All the applicants will be eligible for both the streams and there is no need to submit two separate application forms. Normalization of +2 (or its equivalent) total marks: To bring all candidates from different examining authorities/ boards in the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, the +2 or its equivalent total marks will be normalized. A first rank student of each board is considered to have obtained 100% mark and aggregate mark of all other students of the board is normalized with reference to that of the first rank student. For example, if the first rank is 97% and an applicant’s aggregate is 90% then the applicant’s normalized +2 marks is 92.78 (90/97x100).
Stream 1 Admission:
Applicants under stream 1 will be admitted to 70% of the seats based on JEE (Main) 2014 scores and normalized +2 total marks. The weightage for JEE Main scores and normalized +2 total marks will be 25% & 75% respectively and applicants will be ranked based on the resultant combined score.
For example: If a student secures a JEE Main Score of 185 and normalized +2 total marks of 95%, the combined score of the student will be (0.25*185) + (0.75*95) = 117.5. The combined score will be used to determine the SASTRA Rank and admission will be based on the SASTRA Rank secured by the applicant. Total seats in Stream 1 will be filled in the following method:
(i) 20% (10%+10%) of intake will be offered to the students from Trichy and Thanjavur Districts, provided the applicant has completed both X and XII from any school located in Trichy or Thanjavur District.
(ii) 50% of the intake will be offered to those who complete X and XII in schools within Tamilnadu (Puducherry included).
(iii) The remaining 30% will be for students who have completed X and XII in schools in rest of India.
Stream 2 Admission:
Applicants under Stream 2 will be admitted based on their normalized +2 total marks. This is for 30% of the total seats. A merit list is drawn based on the normalized percentage for making admissions for the 30% of the total seats. The Trichy/Thanjavur/Tamilnadu and All India categories will be applicable as per Stream 1.
· Bio informatics
· Civil Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Computer Science & Engineering
· Electrical & Electronics Engineering
· Electronics & Communication Engineering
· Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
· Information & Communication Technology
· Information Technology · Mechanical Engineering
· Programmers in all the above throrough Lateral Entry (II yr.)
Commencement of class: 7 july 2014
Application forms will be available from April 9, 2014
last date for submission of completed application forms with JEE Scores and +2 Marks is June 7, 2014.( 6pm)
The rank list will be released at 9 pm on June 7, 2014
Stream 1 counselling will be held during June 16, 17 and 18, 2014.
Counselling for students under the Stream 2 category will be conducted on June 19, 2014.
For all B. Tech. Programmes
Tuition Fees Rs 45,000 per semester Development Fees Rs 10,000 (one-time during admission); Other fees Rs 7,000 (one-time during Admission for Personality Development, Sports, Unit Tests, Marks verification, Medical Test, ID Card, etc.).
There are 9 hostels for boys and 5 for girls. First year B. Tech. students will be provided shared accommodation at an annual rent of Rs.6,000 only. The charges for food will be at actuals based on dividing system and will approximately be around Rs.2,400 per month.
There are 6 boys’ hostel and 2 girls’ hostels providing accommodation to over 3000 boys and 1200 girls.
The hostels are of the following types:
1. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 4-in1 (Bath Attached).
2. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 3-in-1 / 4-in-1
The hostels provide a salubrious ambience and a feel-good climate and are equipped with all amenities for living, dining and recreation that makes each inmate feel at home. They provide a right atmosphere for intellectual stimulation and balanced growth.
Activities Of The Department Include:
· Developing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
· Enhancing public speaking skills
· Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty programmers
· Providing career guidance
· Administering aptitude and psychological tests
· Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
· Organizing entrepreneurship promotion programmers
· Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work from industries
· Assisting in the coaching for TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment.
· Arranging on and off campus recruitment.
Recognizing the complexity of the career planning process and the variety of options available to graduates, the Department of Training & Placement provides programmers and services to meet professional development needs of students. The department partners with students in the process of career management from self-assessment to placement assistance in career that meets individual goals. Throughout the year, senior executives and alumni from a variety of business participate in scheduled informal discussions about industry and career trends. Representatives share practical advice and insights gained from their own backgrounds and experience. The uniqueness of the training activity is that the programmer finds a place in the regular timetable of the University right from first year. This molds the students into ’rounded personalities’
1084students got offers from various leading recruiters including TCS, Microsoft, Amazon and TCS alone offered 965 placements in its first phase of recruitment despite the recession.
Thanjavur – 613 401
Phone: 91 4362 264101-108, 304000-010
- Bhagwant university, Ajmer (Rajasthan) btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities:
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, J.K. Lakshmipat University, Jaipur btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities:
- Nirma University Institute of Technology Ahmedabad btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- SASTRA University btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Sastra University 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus Location
Last edited by ajaytopgun; 12th June 2014 at 11:03 AM.