Gender: : Female
City : AurangabadSend Friend Request
Hi! This is Raj, an education expert for education in USA.I have written about education in USA ,what you all students need to know before you plan to study in US
Doing internship is always the dream of students ,and doing it from United States is dream come true of students.
The priceless experience you gain at an American organization will give you an edge on the competition for better job prospects.People prefer to study while their earn because this give them to earn for their living along with their study. From New York to California, students can be put on work in various locations under qualified host companies for 2 to 3 months. The maximum duration for an internship program in USA is 12 months, which can be extended up to 13 months (12 months internship and 30 days relaxation for travel within the US). Internship programs in the US not only provide professional work experience and augmentation of technical skills, but they also allow you to indulge in American lifestyle and culture. Go through the following sections to find details about applying for an internship program in the US.
Completing an internship in the United States allows you to earn money while improving your career prospects back home.
U.S. Internships-Why U.S?. Internships through USA-Internships.com members have 24/7 access to our online internships and job opportunities. Browse through each listing by category for free or become a member and apply to employers directly.
Current U.S. Internships are fashion internships, business internships, marketing internships, sports internships, magazine internships, accounting internships, journalism internships, public relations internships, psychology internships, engineering internships, government internships, advertising internships, music internships, graphic design internships, film internships, medical internships, entertainment internships, and journalism and law internships.
Many of these U.S. internships are paid opportunities or offer some other kind of compensation. Our database also contains a category for H1 Visa Job Sponsors for professionals and students on OPT.
Benefits of becoming a USA-Internships.com member:
- Access internship and job opportunities instantly.
- Less expensive membership option than other internship websites on the Internet. Ourdatabase contains many different categories all in one site and for one small fee. It's only $49.99 for one year.
- International Interns can apply directly to US Employers
- Many of our internships are unadvertised. Employers contact us directly to advertise their listings.
- Your membership is good for one year!
When looking for a U.S. Internship, you've come to the right place! USA-Internships.com is your full resource to find what you're looking for.
- To be eligible for an internship program in the US, you should be at least 18 years of age and not more than 35 years of age.
- You should be enrolled at a nationally accredited post-secondary academic institution on full-time basis outside US, preferably in the related field of internship, or be a graduate for not more than 12 months.
- You should be a student of an academic program or course of study, running for at least one year, which will honor you with a degree, qualification degree, or equivalent honor.
- You should possess sufficient English language skills to easily understand and function in a business setting, as per the standards of a US organization.
- You should pass the interview held by the host company and fulfill other internship application requirements.
- You should possess a valid passport and J-1 visa.
A fee of $600-1200 can be charged by the placement companies for your internship program in the US. This fee includes the following costs:
- Cost of the administration and support services of operating the program.
- Cost of council exchange services, pre-departure information, research and information on employment opportunities, and general administration and staffing of the program.
Apart from the internship program fees, candidates are required to pay certain other fees, listed below.
- $140 as US embassy interview fee. This has to be paid by the participant directly to the US Embassy/Consulate.
- $180 as SEVIS fee. This has to be paid at the time of the application.
- Participants are required to arrange for health and accident insurance for the duration of the program. Different facilities are provided by insurance companies to meet the needs of the participants traveling to US.
- Find out all the positions available for internship and check whether you fit in, in all the program and position requirements or not. The more positions you apply in for, the higher are your chances of getting placed.
- Along with your application form, you will be required to submit a copy of your passport, copies of previous US visas (if any), copy of academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and copy of your updated resume.
- Secure a position with a host company in the US. Gather details on how long the internship will be for, what kind of training you will receive, and what sort of compensation they are willing to provide.
- After you have been considered suitable for a particular program and position, you will be required to face an interview to show your proficiency in English language.
- Once your interview has been cleared, you will receive a mail asking you to send all necessary documents within two weeks, else your employment will stand canceled.
- Collect all the required documents and send them to the concerned person, after which your placement will be officially confirmed.
- You will then be asked to make the payment of the internship program fees, following which you will be issued a DS form.
- You will then have to make an appointment with the US embassy to get your J-1 visa.
- Once you have been granted the visa, you must complete your departure flight details, 7 days prior to your departure to the US.
If You have any query regarding the education in USA.please feel free to ask .I'll be glad to answer them
Last edited by rajrocks; 10th October 2011 at 02:08 PM.