Gender: : Female
City : AurangabadSend Friend Request
Hi! This is Raj, an education expert for education in UK.I have written about education in UK ,what you all students need to know before you plan to study in UK
If you are looking to pursue MBA from United Kingdom ,then explore this article to have an idea of courses ,fees ,colleges in UK.
MBA Programs in UK
Just like the two years MBA programs in USA ,UK programs are not less in quality even if they are for one year. They aim to build up the students’ management skills and business expertise, enabling them to widen their horizon in prevailing global business world. The MBA programs in UK usually have a set number of taught courses plus a dissertation that needs to be submitted at the end of the academic term. Also, these programs are often described as “post experience” programs, as most of the universities have put in minimum 2-3 years of work experience in the eligibility criteria. This is because the students, while studying for MBA are expected to draw from the work experience, fostering better learning.
The Master’s of Business Administration Degree of UK, although of 1 year as compared to 2 in many countries, is recognized all around the globe for its intensive approach. The program is managed by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), which looks into the quality of MBA programs in UK and around the world. The degree puts the students right on top of the employers’ list and in a higher pay range.
What Are the Different Types Of US Programs?
To help narrow the field of schools you are considering, think about the career, lifestyle, financial issues, and curriculum that are important to you. Peruse the following list of MBA concentrations to help you discover what's important to you when choosing an MBA program.
Types Of MBA Programs:-
MBA Degree (full time): As mentioned before, the MBA degree (full time) in UK is of 1 year duration rather than 2, which is the case in many of the countries. However, this doesn’t mean that the degree is any simpler in approach or is less intensive. On the contrary, the degree finely combines the taught element with the research element as various numbers of taught subjects are there that need to be cleared. Additionally, students are required to submit a dissertation at the end of the academic term.
Part Time MBA Degree: For those who cannot opt for the full time degree, UK offers part time MBA degree, which is of two years. This part time degree is more suitable for students who’re working and do not want a break from their jobs. The part time degree allows them to continue studying without leaving their jobs, combining the theoretical skills with their on-the-job experience, and thereby increasing their chances of getting a promotion at their current jobs.
Executive MBA Programs:
Managers, Executives, and Entrepreneurs who have experience of anywhere from 5 years to 30 years can apply for the Executive MBA programs designed specifically for them. The executive MBA program is similar to the part time MBA degree and allows students to bring in their professional skills and share them with a multicultural background.
Online MBA Degree Programs: Apart from the full time, part time, and executive MBA degree programs; online MBA degree programs are also available for students who want a more flexible schedule to study. The course material is regularly mailed to the students and schedules are organized as per the convenience of the students.
U.S. MBA Programs: Rankings
Ranking systems are imperfect, but they can often give you a good idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each school you're considering. Browse our up-to-date list of the top business schools as ranked by BusinessWeek, but don't use it as your only criterion. Different ranking systems produce different results, so the only person who can choose the very best school for you--is you.
Subjects & Specialization
The core curriculum comprises of subjects like Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, Economics, Management Information System, Leadership and Professional Development, Operations, and Quantitative Methods. There are also a bunch of elective subjects that the students can choose from based on their interests like Business Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Project Risk Management, Strategic Operations Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Services Marketing, Global Business, Internaitonal Marketing, and many others. These elective subjects allow the students to specialize in respective fields.
- The students who want to enroll themselves into Masters of Business Administration Program in UK need to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria first that asks them to hold a bachelor’s degree (from UK or Overseas) of three years with first class scores.
- The students need to appear in the Graduation Management Admission Test (GMAT) and score well in it. Without a good GMAT score (700 or more for top universities), admission in management based courses in UK won’t be allowed.
- Also, it is only after the IELTS English proficiency exam, conducted by the British Council, has been taken by the students, can they begin with the procedure of filling up the admission forms for various universities and colleges. The score needs to be 6.5 and above.
- All universities require complete transcripts/mark sheets/related documents of the previous academic records to be submitted at the time of the submission of the application forms along with the letter of recommendation and a statement of purpose.
- It should be clearly mentioned on the statement of purpose as to why the student has chosen the particular stream and how he/she will manage financially during the stay in UK. Letter of recommendation should preferably be from the person who has taught the student, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of him/her and why he/she would excel in the field.
- Since most of the universities in UK only take up students with 2-3 years of prior work experience, a work experience certificate or letter is a must along with a detailed resume mentioning the career goal, position(s) held over the years.
- Ideally, it’s best to start with all the searching and selecting the preferable B-schools a good one year before the session.
- Students have the option of wither applying online or through post; in either case, the supporting documents will have to posted through registered mail.
- The applications and supported documents need to be compiled together in advance to avoid any hassles during the application procedure.
- The closing dates of submitting the applications can be found out at the universities’ or colleges’ official websites.
- After the university or college has approved your application, the students can then proceed with fulfilling the visa formalities.
Cost of MBA Programs in UK
The course fee for MBA in UK varies according to the type of course (full time or part time) and the college or university in which a student wishes to apply. However, on an average basis, the course fee for the MBA program can be anywhere from £4,000 to £34,000. Along with the above mentioned tuition fees, the average cost of living per academic session also needs to taken into consideration which varies according to which part of UK the student shall be living in. It can be anywhere between £6,000 and £12,000 for an individual. These costs include accommodation, food, travel (bus/subway), entertainment (cinema/eating out/sports), and other (books/clothing/personal hygiene/telephone calls) and also varies according to person’s lifestyle.
Top Business Schools for MBA in UK
Ashridge Business School, Cass Business School, Cranfield School of Management, Imperial College Business School, London Business School, Manchester Business School, Oxford University, Trinity College (University of Dublin), University of Cambridge, and Warwick Business School are the top ten colleges and universities that are preferred by employers, according to the rankings.
If You have any query regarding the education in UK.please feel free to ask .I'll be glad to answer them
Last edited by rajrocks; 10th October 2011 at 02:46 PM.
Gender: : Male
Branch: : Computer Science Engineering
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
Interesting to know about top universities offering MBA courses in the U.K. I would like to know about top rated universities offering full time MBA programs in the UK.