Gender: : Female
City : AurangabadSend Friend Request
Paper Presentation On "New Bit-Allocation Scheme for Coding of Digital Audio
In this paper we present a modified adaptive bit-allocation scheme for coding of audio signals using psychoacoustic modeling. Statistical redundancy reduction (lossless coding) generally gives compression ratios up to 2. We increase this ratio using perceptual irrelevancy removal (lossy coding). In this work MPEG-1 Layer-1 standard for psychoacoustic modeling is used and compression is improved by modifying the bit-allocation scheme, which without using a second stage (lossless) compression, is giving results comparable to that of MP3 (which uses Huffman coding as second stage).
To increase this ratio further, some of the high frequency sub-bands which contribute less to the signal are removed. Subjective evaluation is the best method to assess the quality of audio signals. Original and reconstructed audio signals are presented to listeners that grade and/or compare them according to perceived quality. Without quality degradation the achieved bit-rate is 90 kbps from original bit-rate 706 kbps.
Please see the attached file along with this..Similar Threads:
- Paper Presentation & Seminar On ""orthogonal frequency division multiplexing" PDF
- Paper Presentation & Seminar On "The applications of Digital Signal Processing" PDF
- Paper Presentation & Seminar On "Digital Display Technology" PDF Download
- Paper Presentation & Seminar On "DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING" PDF
- Paper Presentation & Seminar On "DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING" PDF