Gender: : Male
Branch: : Some other branch
City : DelhiSend Friend Request
IIT Kanpur Year of Establishment: 1959.
IIT Kanpur Affiliation: Deemed Government Institute.
IIT Kanpur Admission: JEE Mains & JEE Advaced.
- Nearest Airport : Kanpur Airport,Kanpur
- Distance from Airport : 24 km
- Nearest Railway Station : Kanpur Central Railway Station
- Distance from Railway Station : 16 km
IIT Kanpur Branches In Engineering:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Sciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Chemistry(4-yr B.S. Course)
- Economics(4-yr B.S. Course)
- Mathematics and Scientific Computing(4-yr B.S. Course)
IIT Kanpur: Fee Structure 2014:
*For ST/SC Students Shown in Brackets
One Time Payment
Payable Each Semester
Rs. 56,567 (Rs. 11,567)
Refundable Caution Deposit
Medical Insurance Premium per Annum
Total Fees Payable at the time of Admission
Rs. 66,517 (Rs. 21,517)
Mess Advance of Rs. 3,000 to the respective Hall of Residence
IIT Kanpur: Fee Structure 2015: To be updated Soon
IIT Kanpur: Opening & Closing Cut-Off First Round 2014:
4-year B.Tech. Course
Biological Sciences and Bioengineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Four-Year B. S. Courses
Mathematics and Scientific Computing
**For more Details on Opening & Closing Cut-Off of Different Round refer the attachment below
IIT Kanpur Placement Statistics 2015:
- Rs 1.5 crore per annum offered by Oracle, US (Rs 91.50 lakh as take away salary plus employee stock option plan (ESOP))
- Rs 93 lakh per annum offered to three students by Samsung, Korea
- Rs 45 to 60 lakh per annum offered to 20 students by Flipkart
- Rs 44 lakh per annum offered by Tower Research
- Rs 42 lakh per annum offered by WorldQuant
- Rs 26 lakh per annum and Credit Suisse(around Rs 15-18 lakh) offered by Goldman Sachs
IIT Kanpur Campus & Intra Facilities:
The Campus is located on GT Road at Kalyanpur, about 16 km west of Kanpur city, on 1055 acres of land offered by the Government of UP. It is a residential campus offering accomodation to about 350 faculty members, about 700 support staff members, and about 4000 students. The campus has all the amenities for developing the personal, social and academic skills of the community.
P K Kelkar Library (Formerly Central Library) of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK) is an academic Library with a collection of more than 3,00,000 volumes and subscriptions to more than 1000 periodicals. it is one of the best Library in the nation housed in three-storey building with the total 6973 sq. m. floor area. The Abstracting and Indexing periodicals, Microform and CD-ROM databases. technical reports, Standards and thesis are important part of this collection. Each year, on an average 4500 books and journal volumes are added to the collection.
IIT Kanpur Hostel & Mess Facilities:
Housed in an imposing double storeyed building and located at a central place, Visitors’ Hostel provides boarding and lodging facilities for the Institute’s guests, newly appointed faculty and staff members, delegates and participants attending various conferences, seminars, symposia and workshops. The Visitors’ Hostel has some allied facilities on the campus and in Chittaranjan Park Colony, New Delhi also for the benefit of the Institute’s Visitors.
- Visiting Faculty Apartment at IIT Kanpur
- Service Apartment at Chittaranjan park , New Delhi
- Outreach 69 & 80 building, IIT Kanpur
The Visitors’ Hostel and allied facilities are operated as a non-profit activity to mainly support the academic and research activity on the campus with a homely atmosphere and ambience, traditionally acclaimed for its environs of hygiene and food of homely relish and richness. The following are the various activities undertaken by the team managing the affairs of the Visitors’ Hostel and allied facilities.
Visitors’ Hostel has been equipped with 70 Standard rooms of which 55 are AC and 15 are Non-AC. Further there are 15 Deluxe AC rooms. It can accommodate a maximum of 170 guests at a time on twin sharing basis. All the rooms have attached bathrooms with modern amenities.
VH provides dining facilities to in-house guests staying in VH and Visiting Faculty Apartment and for Institute activities. The Visitors’ Hostel has 2 air-conditioned dining halls with capacity of 30 and 70 guests respectively. One of the dining halls has a well furnished sitting room attached with it.
IIT Kanpur Address:
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur Kanpur – 208 016 (UP), INDIA.
- NIT Surathkal btech admission 2015, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
- NIT Meghalaya btech admission 2015, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
- NIT Goa btech admission 2015, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
- HBTI Kanpur btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- HBTI Kanpur btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
Last edited by amos.chalie; 28th May 2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Changed alignment