Faadooengineers

12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a right college.....

Branch: : Electronics Engineering

City : Delhi

Send Friend Request

Choosing a right college.....

Guys...I need your help. I've a few collleges names:

Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU), lnmiit jaipur, jiit noida, juit solan, juet guna, dit dehradun, dit noida, iamr meerut, bit banglore

So, which college will be a better option for CSE...in terms of placements, faculty, academics, tech. Events, etc...

Can you please arrange them according to your preference list (i.e, the best college will be at no. 1 and so on...)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Send Friend Request

Re: Choosing a right college.....

This year's placement were very good at jaypee...Brands like google amazon ,microsoft, CSC,Oracle, Dreamworks, IBM,Cadence and many other fortune 500 companies recruited from jaypee in hefty amounts giving highest placement of 14 lacks and above

Along with them Regular recruiters were also there including IT giants like infosys , accenture, mindtree, syscom,wipro,aircom, cognizant, capital IQ, cmc(TATA) and many more providing salaries in the range of 3.25-5.5 lpa

There were huge number of core companies participation inlcuding erricson , landys Gyr , continental snapdeal,kmc,RNCOSsamsung and many other multinaltionals providing average package of 4-5 lacks per anum plus perks giving R n D profile

At the end of placement season almost 70 % students had 2-3 jobs in hand

Average package at jaypee stood at 4-4.5 lpa this year..

Still many more companies are yet to come

Send Friend Request

@vinamre : Thanks a lot vinamre...

But can you please tell me... what was the rank of last admitted candidate at CSE branch (jiit noida last round counselling) ???

And also, what about juit, solan and juet, guna campus...are they equally good in terms of placements, tech. fests, etc...

what's the placement stat. there for 2012 batch (CSE)...
    Last edited by HURRICANE; 20th May 2012 at 01:01 AM.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Send Friend Request

at my time it was around 20k ...but i guess it went to 40k last year....will post the exact rank ASAP.

and yes...placements of all colleges are good...but yea JIIT noida is the best in all terms-placements,academics,culture,location(NCR),environment...etc

If a comapny is coming for placements then it takes around 50 cent students from JIIT noida and rest from all others..but if u perform well then col does not matter...u can chose any according to ur rank and location..u will be allowed to sit in all cream companies

Send Friend Request

Quote Originally Posted by vinamre View Post
    at my time it was around 20k ...but i guess it went to 40k last year....will post the exact rank ASAP.

and yes...placements of all colleges are good...but yea JIIT noida is the best in all terms-placements,academics,culture,location(NCR),environment...etc

If a comapny is coming for placements then it takes around 50 cent students from JIIT noida and rest from all others..but if u perform well then col does not matter...u can chose any according to ur rank and location..u will be allowed to sit in all cream companies
    Thanks again vinamre bhai !!!!!!!!!!!!

Send Friend Request

[MENTION=101652]vinamre[/MENTION]: I've heard that juet solan campusdoesn't provide a good campus facilities because it is in himachal pradesh...the avg. package was 2.5 lakh and the highest one was 4.25 lakh...but it has good infrastructure, enviroment, faculties, tech. fests, etc...Is it true ???

Can you please tell me the placement stat. of 2012 batch...for juet solan campus...

What about big brands lke google, ibm, amazon....are they also visting there ???????

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Send Friend Request

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
    @vinamre : I've heard that juet solan campusdoesn't provide a good campus facilities because it is in himachal pradesh...the avg. package was 2.5 lakh and the highest one was 4.25 lakh...but it has good infrastructure, enviroment, faculties, tech. fests, etc...Is it true ???

Can you please tell me the placement stat. of 2012 batch...for juet solan campus...

What about big brands lke google, ibm, amazon....are they also visting there ???????
    First of all...solan campus is JUIT and not JUET. JUET is in MP

Placement Statistics of JUIT(solan)
    Google and IBM visited there...but not amazon...and average package in juet was not 2.5..It is 3.25 - 3.5 lpa

I stated it earlier also...companies are almost same ..but the maximum number of student are picked from JIIT(noida) , then JUIT (solan)and then JUET (Madhya pradesh)

At JUET big brands visits are less.and its average is 3.0 lpa
    Last edited by vinamre; 21st May 2012 at 04:48 AM.

what about manipal,lnmiit,jaypee noida-which is the best for cse in terms of placement,infrastructure and faculty

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Send Friend Request

Quote Originally Posted by priya99920 View Post
    what about manipal,lnmiit,jaypee noida-which is the best for cse in terms of placement,infrastructure and faculty
    Manipal sucks big time...LMNIT i heard gud reviews about it...but when i visited the site...companies were very limited..u can c urself..and fees is quite high....but i put up in delhi..so i chose jaypee .Also because Jyapee was and is growing day by day...and will continue to grow because its a brand now and that too favourite of recruiters.

Infrastructure is veruy good...u will have to c urself to believe..all the world class facilities and equipments in lab are there...faculties are all PHD's and MTech's from IIT's and other premier institutes and vastly experienced...Our Tn P officer has approach with lot of HR departments of MNC's ...leading to excellent placements...

LNMIT is also a good choice .Decide according to companies,domain,stream,location,fees and placements.Both are toping the list of private colleges in India

Manipal is not worth taking..serious advice

cheers
    Last edited by vinamre; 22nd May 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Send Friend Request

@vinamre : Sir, what about the dual degree CSE at jiit noida sector 62 campus...
    Can you please tell me the placement stats. of 2012 batch...highest and avg. package...
    Companies like google, ibm, amazon also taking students from dual degree or not ???

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Send Friend Request

Dual degree(B.Tech +MBA) placements went well.Average was around 5 lpa and highest was 15 lpa . After Dual degree u dont aim for IT companies ..or technical companies...u aim for Management companies...Google ,amazon are IT companies...which provide the post of software engineer.They dont need MBA students for software post(obviously).But there were many other Management companies which recruited from Jaypee Business School I dont have much idea about the companies...u can check the site for them.All statistics are mentioned there..And obviously dual degree placements were more than 100 % ...every student getting more than one job offer.

One more thing is that...MBA placements are heavily backed up by JAYPEE group...And In the end of each placement session JAYPEE GROUP absorbs all unplaced students with 6 lacks per anum

Send Friend Request

Dual degree(B.Tech +MBA) placements went well.Average was around 5 lpa and highest was 15 lpa . After Dual degree u dont aim for IT companies ..or technical companies...u aim for Management companies...Google ,amazon are IT companies...which provide the post of software engineer.They dont need MBA students for software post(obviously).But there were many other Management companies which recruited from Jaypee Business School I dont have much idea about the companies...u can check the site for them.All statistics are mentioned there..And obviously dual degree placements were more than 100 % ...every student getting more than one job offer.

One more thing is that...MBA placements are heavily backed up by JAYPEE group...And In the end of each placement session JAYPEE GROUP absorbs all unplaced students with 6 lacks per anum
    [MENTION=101652]vinamre[/MENTION]: But sir...why the closing rank for dual degree was near 75k (at jiit noida sector 62) and that for b.tech CSE was 40k...

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Send Friend Request

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
    @vinamre : But sir...why the closing rank for dual degree was near 75k (at jiit noida sector 62) and that for b.tech CSE was 40k...
    in each and every college except top 3 IIT...dual degree ranks go to higher ranks...because everyone aims to do MBA from IIM's , FMS,MDI,SP JAIN,IMT,IIFT,XLRI and other top institutes specialized for MBA instead of doing DUAL degree from a B.Tech institute.

You can check for any college..DUAL degree closing ranks are almost double the normal ranks

Send Friend Request

in each and every college except top 3 IIT...dual degree ranks go to higher ranks...because everyone aims to do MBA from IIM's , FMS,MDI,SP JAIN,IMT,IIFT,XLRI and other top institutes specialized for MBA instead of doing DUAL degree from a B.Tech institute.

You can check for any college..DUAL degree closing ranks are almost double the normal ranks
    [MENTION=101652]vinamre[/MENTION]: Official site of jiit noida doesn't show anything related to google, amazon ,microsoft, CSC,Oracle, Dreamworks, IBM,Cadence, etc...in their training and placement tabs...what's the matter...the information given above is correct or not...???...As some of my friends are saying that they don't beleive this...please make it clear sir...

my friend is expecting her rank around 29,000 in aieee. can she get chemical in thapar? or jaypee in noida? she is from delhi. general category

12 LastLast