Gender: : Male
Branch: : Information Technology Engineering
City : Hyderabad/SecundrabadSend Friend Request
The Great Mind Challenge - Project Scenario Template
Note: Already filled information should not be changed
Name of the Project Indian Wildlife Objective/ Vision An amusing website for promoting awareness and conservation of India’s wildlife. Apart from arousing the alertness it will posses detailed information on various rare Indian animals along with coverage of all species of animals that roam in the woods of INDIA. With this, it will act as a platform for wildlife conservationists and ecologists to share their knowledge and recent trends in this field. It will incubate research and participation on subjects like animal communications, habitats, wildlife health issues, effects of global warming and various disasters. Users of the System A. Anonymous users
B. Group members (registered users)
C. Government and private organizations, Wildlife conservationist, ecologists, veterinarians and wildlife enthusiasts.
D. Site administrators
- To monitor statistics related to endangered species, jeopardized habitats, unbalanced ecosystems and unfavorable climatic changes.
- To facilitate members to form groups to organize local meetings, wildlife forums, periodicals and Wildlife camps.
- To provide a space for registered users to post interesting photos, videos and presentations on Indian Wildlife.
- Secure registration and profile management facilities for registered members and, government and non government agencies.
- To acquaint users with various career opportunities in the field of wildlife, along with list of universities offering Wildlife Degrees, fellowships and certifications.
- It will portray recent wildlife success stories with an opportunity for users to participate in Wildlife blogs, forums, internships, conferences and other awareness programs.
- A regular news-letter should be sent to registered users to spread awareness.
- To setup a reviewers panel to have a tab on data being posted for the website and select appropriate contents from them to be posted. Moreover, this panel will be responsible for solving various queries of website users.
- Basic and advance administration facilities like add/update members, back up/recovery of data, generating various reports, etc.
Non-functional requirements (Atleast Four)
- Secure access of confidential data (user’s details). SSL can be used.
- 24 X 7 availability
- Better component design to get better performance at peak time
- Flexible service based architecture will be highly desirable for future extension
- Java based client for User.
- Web service architecture to integrate other government web services.
- A CMS (Content management System) interface to admin for Web content updating.
User interface priorities A. Professional look and feel
B. Use of AJAX atleast with all registration forms
C. Browser testing and support for IE, NN, Mozila, and Firefox.
D. Use of Graphical tool like JASPER to show strategic data to admin
E. Reports exportable in .XLS, .PDF or any other desirable format
Reports A. Graphical representation of Wildlife Surveys on species, climates, lands and ecologies.
B. Reports on news and recently updated data on the website.
C. Reports on recently concluded Wildlife conferences and workshops.
D. Newsletter review statistics.
Other important issues A. Website should be highly customizable and flexible enough to easily deploy.
B. Group also seeking for any creative ideas from you to support and promote environmental activities.
Team Size 4 Technologies to be used UML, J2EE, XML, e-Forms, AJAX, Web 2.0, Web-services, SOA Tools to be Used
- ROSE/RSA / WebSphere Modeler
- Eclipse/ RAD / Lotus Forms Designer / Portlet Factory
- WebSphere Portal/ WAS/ WAS CE / WPS
- DB2 Express – ‘C’ or DB2 UDB
- Tivoli CDP/TSM / Tivoli Directory Server
- Linux will be the preferred OS.
Final Deliverable must include A. Online or offline help to above said users, Application deployment executive and developer
B. Application archive ( .war/.ear ) with source code
C. Database backup and DDL Script
D. Complete Source code