Gender: : Female
Branch: : THIS DOES NOT APPLY ON ME!
City : OtherSend Friend Request
How to Change Windows 7 Password After Forgetting It?
Today we can see many questions like “I forgot Windows 7 password, what should I do to bypass it and get in my PC again”. If you happen to encounter a similar problem, please look at the following information. It provides you 2 simple ways to change forgotten Windows 7 password.
Method 1. Use previous-created password reset disk
Windows 7 comes with the ability to help you create a password reset disk to avoid the lost password problems. You can find the Create a password reset disk link on the left pane of the User Account window. To access the User Account window, you just need to click the Start button -> Control Panel -> Family Safety and User Accounts -> User Accounts.
A previous-created password reset disk is the best solution to a forgotten Windows 7 password. If you have created such a disk ahead of forgetting your Windows login password, you can take the following steps to change the forgotten Windows 7 password.
Step 1. Turn on your Windows 7 until you see the logon screen.
Step 2. Type a wrong password for user account that you forgot password of, and then press Enter. An error message window will open.
Step 3. Click OK to close the error message and you’ll find the Reset password link under the password box.
Step 4. Click on the Reset password link and it will bring up a Password Reset wizard.
Step 5. Insert your previously-created password reset disk in computer and then follow the wizard instructions to change Windows 7 password.
Method 2. Use bootable password reset disk created by third-party software
If everyone remember to create a password reset disk in advanced of forgetting his Windows password, no one will be troubled by a forgotten Windows password. But the reality is that many users ignore the create a password reset disk feature in Windows 7. If you belong to one of them, what you need is to use a bootable password reset disk when you forgot Windows 7 password and locked out of your PC.
To create a bootable password reset disk, Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery Enterprise is the best solution. This Windows password recovery program enables you to create a bootable password reset disk with a CD/DVD or USB flash drive in seconds. Once the password reset disk is burned, you can use it to reset Windows 7 password within a few clicks. And the bootable password reset disk can also be used to reset passwords for Windows Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000.
Create a bootable password reset disk
1. Download and install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery Enterprise in any PC if yours is not accessible. Then launch this program.
2. Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB drive in computer and select Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB. After that, select your target device and click the Burn button. The burning task will be completed in a few seconds.
Change Windows 7 password
1. Insert the burned bootable password reset disk in the PC you forgot password for, and start the PC from the disk.
2. When you see Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery interface, select the system and the account that you want to reset password of, and then click Change password button.
3. Select New password and enter the new password for your target user account in Windows 7.
4. Click OK when the password is successfully changed.
5. Click Reboot button to restart computer and log into Windows with the newly-changed password.Please remove the bootable password reset disk during restart sothat the computer will boot as usual from the hard drive disk.
- How to change password in windows 7 administrator password without original? see it.
- Change admin password in windows 7 without anything&any command? see it
- I forgot my Windows XP password! How can I find my Windows XP Password?
- 3 Methods to Change SQL Server Password
- How to Change Computer Password for the Better?
Gender: : Female
City : AmritsarSend Friend Request
To change the password on Windows 7, you can use the following methods:
Solution 1: Reset Windows 7 Password with Windows Password Reset Disk
1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows will display a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message box.
2. Click Reset Windows Password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
4. Log on with the new password. You can use the same password reset disk instead of making a new one when you lost it again.
Solution 2: Reset Windows 7 Password with Typing lusrmgr.msc
1. Log on to the account who owns the credential of an administrator account to reset the forgotten password.
2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type and confirm the new password.